U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 02:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,769 times

Advertisements

My mother had her gallbladder removed in 1989 and now for the past 25 years she has been suffering from constant pain which many people here have described the same pain symptoms that my mother has described to me. i dont know what to do or where to turn all the doctors think that it must be all in her head and don't really do anything to figure out where the pain is coming from and have stopped her pain medication so that she can sorta function. they have accused her for being a drug addict and have made her think that she is not worth being looked after. if there is anyone out there that can help me find a doctor who cares and specializes in chronic pain suffers please let me know it is horrible watching my mother suffer please help me to help her. email me @ tashiacastles@gmail.com any helpful suggestion that we haven't done would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 03:36 AM

15,429 posts, read 13,366,498 times
Theres something left behind if theres still pain...mine was removed almost three years ago with no after effects at all... have it checked by ultrasound.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 4,769 times
we have done that and there were no results so we are going to try and get an CT scan but we have to wait until they contact us to get an appointment......... sigh it's a long road we have to travel......

Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,236 times
I had my gb out oct 2013 I have had severe pain since then, worse than a gall bladder attack. I have had cat scans, upper scopes, colonoscopy, ultra sounds, mrcp, blood work, I am now going to have a HIDA scan. Everything I have in symptoms is looking like pancreatitis but all tests are negative. Its been almost a year and am so tired of being in pain. Over whelming stomach aches, pain under my ribs goes through my back, wakes me up from sleep, its after I eat when I havent eaten and no answer! Help

Old 02-16-2015, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,823 times
I had right quad pain for years, had numerous nerve block shots in my thoratic spine. I finally had my gall bladder out with the hope of having no more pain. No such luck. A week after surgery I went to the e r with the same pain as before. Multiple tests were done during my four day stay in the hospital. Still no answers. I am currently scheduled for a MRI on my cervical spine since I also have pain in neck and shoulder blade. I haven't given up on it being gastric related. Just trying to survive while attempting to secure other options. Does anyone else have neck and shoulder pain along with what led you to believe originally the pain was gastric related?

Old 02-20-2015, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 15,979 times
Why are there so many of us describing the same thing happening with no answers?
I have had the same stabbing painful attacks for several years. Went in thinking I was having a heart attack. Was told it was gallbladder. Had my gallbladder removed two weeks ago and have had three attacks since, one being an all-time worst. 40 minutes of unbearable stabbing pain. My family called 911...Paramedics came in, after it subsided, of course, and checked my heart and blood pressure. Both normal. I followed up at urgent care. The Dr. had no clue. Had an endoscopy. All clear. No answers.
I am also afraid to leave the house for fear of an attack. I am eating as bland of a diet as I can stand. I think that helps.
Thank-you all for helping me realize I am not alone, but I sure would like an answer!

Old 02-20-2015, 05:17 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,177,671 times
They discovered gall stones in my MRI when I had prostate cancer. I waited for 2 and a half years after the prostate removal to have the gall bladder taken out. I was not having any pain and only did it because I didn't want to wait until I did. So, I can't really comment on any pain. I haven't had any since the surgery and have been fine. The worst part was they sent me home that afternoon with Hydrocordone which made me vomit several times. When I quit taking that and doubled up on Tylenol , I was fine.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:45 AM

Ask for a motion sickness patch before any surgery if you tend to get nauseated from it.
I always get deathly ill with anesthesia and from some pain pills. My sister told me about it because it really helped her.
I asked my anesthesiologist for it, and I had no nausea for the first time.
It works! Lasts for 4 days.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:42 PM

I have been researching possible conditions to explain my terrible stabbing pains after surgery, and I plan to present it to my Dr. to see what he says about it.
I found this site and wonder if anyone has been diagnosed with...Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction
It sounds like it might be causing the pain I am experiencing and is common after gallbladder surgery.

Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction - iffgd.org

Would like to hear from anyone who has been diagnosed with it.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:59 AM

3,908 posts, read 9,701,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Theres something left behind if theres still pain...mine was removed almost three years ago with no after effects at all... have it checked by ultrasound.
This statement is baseless. I'm glad your GB removal went as expected and you had no pain. However, people with SOD (like me), do have pain after GB removal. There is nothing left behind- the valve spasms closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness