U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 09:56 AM

3 posts, read 4,006 times

Advertisements

Just got mine out on the 4th of august and it has been hard on me too. Same symptoms as you all are having. I noticed if I eat yoshiba noodles in the ramen noodle aisle at least twice a day, I feel a little relief from the pain of digestion. I also suffer from adhesions from scar tissue C-section and from mesh put inside me. It is really sad that all these side effects and no one is banding together to tell the FDA about these facts that are happening to more than just a few percent of people who have this operation!!!!!!!! What is going on with all of us that we have become so distant from one another that we can't band together to all make reports at the same time so they cannot ignore us any longer??????? I am Shelly Ramm on Facebook, you want to band together and let them know what this surgery is doing to us, then get a hold of me and make a report on the FDA website! So they can no longer ignore us or this side effect or problem as we should call it!!!!!! It is a problem for us all....let's band together people. I do care and I am an author of 4 books....if I have to, I will write another dedicated to this problem!!!!!!! What do you all think about my idea?

Last edited by Shelly Ramm; 09-03-2016 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: change words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 10:01 AM

my heart and prayers go out to you. I suffer from a whole lot of symptoms too and it is painful. I certainly feel for you and may God guide their hands to help you and get you feeling much better soon. Hugs and lots of prayers.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:09 AM

I'd try supplements first and a cleanse and if that doesn't help, then I would go see my general surgeon to get it out. I am still in pain but not the pain that the gall bladder put me in. Now it is a considerable amount of pain though afterwards still and it is not a full proof plan because you need to go on a low fat diet for life is something they don't tell you. They also don't tell you that gas pains and your diet is the most important thing to pay attention to because a low fat diet with three to four times a day eating a small meal or noodles like yoshiba noodles or soups you can palate are the way to go. It won't take the pain away for attacks but it will stop it from happening to you as much as it will if you eat fast food and fried foods. The good ole American diet is what is wrong with most of us who don't know what a low fat diet means. And it's different for everyone so you have to pay attention to what your eating and if you get a reaction, don't EVER eat that food again. Trust in that fact, many sufferers on this page will tell you the same! I dig you all for sticking together on here and supporting each other. If you want, you really should take the time to email the FDA on this procedure and the side effects you are all going thru, I have and it's time we all stand up and say they need to tell the patients the truth about this surgery, it's dangerous and it's got multitudes of side effects it is producing!!!!!!!!!! Hugs and lots of prayers to you all. I will keep you all in my prayers! Keep me in yours please!

Old 09-03-2016, 12:34 PM

4,795 posts, read 6,979,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Have you been checked for retained stones in the common bile duct?
Exactly....this just happened to a lady in my church....she had her gallbladder taken out about a month and a half or two months ago, and still had a stone.

I haven't read all the replies so the problem may be resolved by now, but I just wanted to second this possibility.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,240 times
I had my gallbladder removed about five years ago - 2011. Ever since I had it removed, I cannot exercise without feeling a sharp pain in my upper right abdomen area, right where the organ used to be. In the past, I have tried to do sit-ups, but this just about sends me to the hospital because after a minute or less of nonstop sit-ups, that same area cramps up SO BAD. I have literally cried. It's like a sudden clutch, then there's a massive knot that keeps me paralyzed. Even my breathing becomes difficult. I know it sounds exaggerated, but its what I feel. I have searched for anything related, but I can't find useful info to make it stop. I'm not super unhealthy or anything, but 5 years now? Something has to be wrong, right? Any thoughts? Help!

Old 10-27-2016, 01:01 PM

2,722 posts, read 4,897,291 times
I recently had an attack and had the ER doc say it needs to come out. I went to the Doc 2 weeks after the ER visit and she also recommends it being removed. I plan on getting one more opinion. I have sludge and stones.
I have had one attack. Doesn't it seem premature to yank it out already?
Is there a chance it can heal on it's own with the proper diet?
I know there is a risk of Jaundice and Pancreatitis with keeping it in but are there other risks?

Old 10-27-2016, 05:31 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,728,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I recently had an attack and had the ER doc say it needs to come out. I went to the Doc 2 weeks after the ER visit and she also recommends it being removed. I plan on getting one more opinion. I have sludge and stones.
I have had one attack. Doesn't it seem premature to yank it out already?
Is there a chance it can heal on it's own with the proper diet?
I know there is a risk of Jaundice and Pancreatitis with keeping it in but are there other risks?
Nope it doesn't heal on its own. The longer you wait to have it removed the higher your risk of pancreatitis. For me I had mine out 7 days after diagnosis. In that time it went from stones and sludge to pretty seriously infected.

Old 10-30-2016, 02:31 AM

15,429 posts, read 13,362,625 times
Mine showed up as loads of tiny stones and thankfully they got it all out with the bladder.. I was warned beforehand though that some might have got trapped in the bile duct and might mean another operation but it didnt happen thankfully. and all has been great since.. no pains after the keyhole surgery at all and it all healed well.. I had Glasgow top surgeon for Gallbladder ops do mine at Glasgow Royal.. not because Im special or anything, just the luck of the draw on the day... the girl facing me in the ward had hers done at the very same time as me...with another surgeoun, but didnt wake up for hours after me and was very sick and sore.... so maybe it depends on who does the op or your own body..

Old 06-02-2017, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,020 times
It's a muscle that tightens under your gallbladder when it's removed. It won't release so the doctor said I have to have surgery to have the muscle cut so it can release. But only 2 doctors do it in Kentucky. It can Cause pancreatitis.So I don't know what to do either. I've been years going to doctors and finally found out. Now I'm scared.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:43 AM

26,183 posts, read 9,851,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim73 View Post
It's a muscle that tightens under your gallbladder when it's removed. It won't release so the doctor said I have to have surgery to have the muscle cut so it can release. But only 2 doctors do it in Kentucky. It can Cause pancreatitis.So I don't know what to do either. I've been years going to doctors and finally found out. Now I'm scared.
I can't speak on the GB, still have mine and I just believe good to keep our original parts if possible. I sent you a DM with some alt info.

I just did some reading on care of gallbladder and water is mentioned, drink it all day. Clean no chemical laden water. And I did a search on: How to save gallbladder

Lots of info available.

PS: I have a friend who went thru major surgery for cancer tumor and her GB had to be removed thru it all, she is not doing good and down from her 130 wt to 98 lbs. I know the cancer is a major thing and some of the tumor had to left there.

Drink plenty of water in general.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-02-2017 at 11:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness