Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 09:33 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

I fear all surgeries and as I believe so much can be reversed and controlled and not with the knife, but human beings make their decisions. So much info out there for us to grasp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 6,199 times
I had my gallbladder out 3 months ago and I am now having some stomach cramping I don't eat any fatty foods and I stay away from dairy not sure why I am now having this issue I keep a food diary to see what effects me now
I have heard that alcohol and caffeine can cause this kind of pain after gallbladder surgery
I for one am going to stop all caffeine and alcohol use to see if my stomach cramps subside.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:18 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
I dont understand why anyone has pain after this op..could it be the surgeons fault, as Ive had no pain or discomfort whatsover since having mine removed five or six years ago..

Old 01-03-2018, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,084 times
I had my gallbladder removed prob 6 years ago. It was gangreen ready to burst.
After surgery to now when I bend over I have excruciating pain mid upper abdomin, below my rib cage. Feels like something protrudes out like a hernia. Then it is sore for days. Doesnt happen everytime I bend. It feels full in that area. Hard to explain. I had a ultrasound right after surgery. Nothing was found.
I just got an order for a CT Abdomin with contrSt.. I let you know my results.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:08 PM

7 posts, read 10,948 times
I had mine out 4 years ago and I was fine at first then the past year I started having very bad pains between my ribs as well. I haven't gone to the Dr yet but will be going this week.
When I eat is when I get bad pains depending on what I eat and if I take to big of a bite. I've heard that there are a small percent of people who have their gallbladder removed end up having stomach problems.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:14 AM

1 posts, read 6,046 times
It would be unwise for DR to advise patients You don't need a gallbladder and immediately return to normal activities and a normal diet. Ethically it is a breach of duty by failing to warn of true likely risks associated with removing gallbladder and its function. After gallbladder surgery, medical studies confirm upto 40% of patients develop problems. The medical term for this condition is postcholecystectomy syndrome (PCS)
The gallbladder in fact is a very important function and can be described as a protector of the liver and colon. It is essential for :
-Enables fat digestion, fat will be poorly digested. Many people experience diarrhea, bloating, nausea or indigestion.
-Enables absorption of fat soluble antioxidants and vitamins A, E, D and K.
-Assists the removal of cholesterol from your body
-Assists the removal of toxins that have been broken down by the liver
Evidence based medical studies identify the incidence of postcholecystectomy syndrome has been reported to be as high as 40% and the onset of symptoms may range from 2 days to 25 years. Symptoms occur and can be transient, persistent or lifelong. The chronic condition is diagnosed in approximately 10% of postcholecystectomy cases. For some patients, PCS makes life miserable and result in reduced quality of life

On the eat a normal healthy diet front. Patients with gallstones are often affected by alimentary disorders contributing to the onset of gallstones disease. Cholecystectomy can have nutritional and metabolic consequences in the short-term (diarrhea, abdominal pain and bloating) and in the long-term (increased Body Mass Index with metabolic syndrome, gastritis, liposoluble vitamin deficiency). Pathogenic mechanisms behind these disturbances are reviewed and the need for an early post-operative nutritional intervention based on low-lipid, high-fibers diet, is highlighted.[ Curr Med Chem. 2017 May 17. doi: 10.2174/0929867324666170518100053. [Epub ahead of print] Altomare DF1, Rotelli MT1, Palasciano N1.]

It is true patients are 99,5% likely to survive removal, but cannot live healthy without a gallbladder. The body cannot ever property extract nutrients from food again normally, the liver becomes over worked trying to produce move bile needed to process food where the gallbladder function once stored, concentrated and delivered on demand. Food is toxic to the body if not processed correctly. End result based on the long list of bad outcomes known as postcholecystectomy syndrome and sadly a reduced life span . ie elevated risk of colon cancer, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol levels once removed. Heath professionals agree the the top two ROOT CAUSES of chronic and degenerative diseases in modern times are: 1) Nutritional Deficiency 2) Toxicity

Advice - get read up ASAP . Likely need to change diet with introduced supplements - ie bile salts / digestive support
Best of luck lifewithnogallbladder

Old 01-05-2018, 07:16 AM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWNGB View Post
It would be unwise for DR to advise patients You don't need a gallbladder and immediately return to normal activities and a normal diet. Ethically it is a breach of duty by failing to warn of true likely risks associated with removing gallbladder and its function. After gallbladder surgery, medical studies confirm upto 40% of patients develop problems. The medical term for this condition is postcholecystectomy syndrome (PCS)
The gallbladder in fact is a very important function and can be described as a protector of the liver and colon. It is essential for :
-Enables fat digestion, fat will be poorly digested. Many people experience diarrhea, bloating, nausea or indigestion.
Evidence based medical studies identify the incidence of postcholecystectomy syndrome has been reported to be as high as 40% and the onset of symptoms may range from 2 days to 25 years. Symptoms occur and can be transient, persistent or lifelong. The chronic condition is diagnosed in approximately 10% of postcholecystectomy cases. For some patients, PCS makes life miserable and result in reduced quality of life

On the eat a normal healthy diet front. Patients with gallstones are often affected by alimentary disorders contributing to the onset of gallstones disease. Cholecystectomy can have nutritional and metabolic consequences in the short-term (diarrhea, abdominal pain and bloating) and in the long-term (increased Body Mass Index with metabolic syndrome, gastritis, liposoluble vitamin deficiency). Pathogenic mechanisms behind these disturbances are reviewed and the need for an early post-operative nutritional intervention based on low-lipid, high-fibers diet, is highlighted.[ Curr Med Chem. 2017 May 17. doi: 10.2174/0929867324666170518100053. [Epub ahead of print] Altomare DF1, Rotelli MT1, Palasciano N1.]

It is true patients are 99,5% likely to survive removal, but cannot live healthy without a gallbladder. The body cannot ever property extract nutrients from food again normally, the liver becomes over worked trying to produce move bile needed to process food where the gallbladder function once stored, concentrated and delivered on demand. Food is toxic to the body if not processed correctly. End result based on the long list of bad outcomes known as postcholecystectomy syndrome and sadly a reduced life span . ie elevated risk of colon cancer, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol levels once removed. Heath professionals agree the the top two ROOT CAUSES of chronic and degenerative diseases in modern times are: 1) Nutritional Deficiency 2) Toxicity

Advice - get read up ASAP . Likely need to change diet with introduced supplements - ie bile salts / digestive support
In other words, 90% of people do not have persistent "PCS".

What's going on with those of us who have posted in this forum that have had no problems since their gallbladders were removed - except no more pain?

The vast majority "extract nutrients from food" just fine with no gallbladder.

The liver does not become "overworked" and food is not "toxic to the body" because the gallbladder is absent.

Which "Heath professionals agree the the top two ROOT CAUSES of chronic and degenerative diseases in modern times are: 1) Nutritional Deficiency 2) Toxicity"?

The gallbladder is not "essential".

A source is needed for your claim that life expectancy is reduced after cholycystectomy. I cannot find one.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:25 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWNGB View Post

Thanks for this. I have a friend now who went thru major surgery and it included removing GB. She cannot gain weight and stays with 90 lbs or so on her 5 5 frame. I feel sorry for her and the drugs the MD's are giving her don't help.

I personally have my GB but read up enough on ox bile and other supplements along these lines and now take them with about every meal...usually 3 times a day. What a difference it all makes with my elimination.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
I had my gallbladder out years ago. About 1996-97. It was really bad as I only had 2 good days out of 7.

It took about a year to get back to 'normal'. I suffered pains throughout that year. One day I was cooking for a big dinner and cleaning. I couldn't just stop and baby the pain as I usually did and I worked through the pain. After that day, I no longer had pain!

The recovery time is directly related to how bad the gallbladder is before removal.

I have never had problems gaining or losing weight as needed. I'm careful about staying around my goal weight.

The only thing that has changed is the way my body processes fatty foods. But that's ok, fatty foods are not good anyway for a healthy body. Fatty foods tend to go right through me.

I do take align to help my digestive system. Especially since losing part of my colon to cancer.

Each person is different so to say what one person goes through is the norm, that is wrong.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,923 times
I had my gallbladder removed just over 4weeks ago. It was I infected, and so swollen, that it was attached to my pancreas and liver. The surgeon removed all of the gallstones, but was unable to remove all of my gallbladder. What little bit of my gallbladder he left, he removed the gallstones and sutured it shut. He did this due to avoid removing the remainder of the gallbladder, as this would be a risk as well as damage to my pancreas and liver. My Doctor informed my judo that this was an extremely difficult and lengthy procedure. I have been healing well up until about 3 days ago, when I began experiencing sharp stabbing pains in and around my surgical site. I’m also exhausted easily. I’m due to go back to work without restrictions and I don’t feel as if I’m ready. I’m thinking of making an appointment with my surgeon. Any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness