Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 02:53 PM

54 posts, read 332,724 times

Advertisements

no treatment for this case just----adrenaline 10-40 mg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,924,354 times
I've been diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse as well - about 12 or so years ago. At the time, I didn't notice symptoms, but my doc caught the flutter during a check up. I went and had all the test done. My mom has it as well.
It wasn't until a few years ago that I started having the horrible fluttering, balance problems, etc. From what I learned, mitral Valve prolapse is a symptom of an auto immune disorder in general. I also read that you are generally more sensitive to being startled and have extreme adrenaline floods. All which I have had.
My biggest way to combat it, believe it or not, is exercise. I took up running and in general, have no symptoms as long as I run. I realize thought that mitral valve is different from what you are talking about.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:07 PM

54 posts, read 332,724 times
case as mvp all test normal we take just adrenaline for releaving sympoms

Old 01-30-2008, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 12,534 times
Thumbs up palpitations

hi guys and gals

im 26 and started having palpitations,it all started when i got sick with the flu i started feeling this weird sensation in my heart like bump..bump..bump..bumpand then a bumpbump and then a pause then BUMP,i was like wow what was that i totaly got freaked out i went to the ER and told them something is wrong with me ....they asked...whats wrong? and i told them that i was feeling a weird sensation in my heart,they said ok we will check it out,they took my weight and it said 114 i was like wow.the last time i weighed my self i weighed 126 so i had lost 12 pounds in a 2 week span of being sick.they checked my blood and put me on an ekg machine and then about an hour in it happened skip beats and then a hard beat i said nurse its happening right now she looked at the monitor and said oh i see ur having some pvcs i said PVCS whats that and she explained and i said is it gona kill me and she started lol she says everybody has them just some people can feel every one and some dont feel them at all and sence u have lost alot of weight u can feel them more.

Then i left the ER after about an hour more and they said there is nothing to worry about BUT if u would like to get further info i can refer u to a heart doc and i said ok please.

So i waited a day and they did not get any better so i went to see another doc and they told me that it was anxitey so i got pills prescribed to me and took them for a few days and it didnt do anything to me but made me feel woosy so i said ********** im going to the heart doc!

So i took all the test possiable at the heart doc and in the end he said YOUR HEART IS FINE ur not going to die anytime soon so he said what ur having is an extrabeat in there at some times thats all ,SO what ended up happening is that he put me on the lowest mg beta blocker and told me to take 1 pill a day for 6 months and then we will see whats up,,well im on my 4th month now and i barley feel them when i do have a few, i have got back to my weight of 126 and im trying to get to 135 to 140 but the beta blocker as worked in that when i do have a few i barley feel them as before they were intense and got scared.....SO i advise all you people to have your doc prescribe u a 25mg of a beta blocker and u will feel alot better and not feel them as much.

Thats my story i hope u all get better and try to not think about if ur gona die or if u have serious heart problem because in most cases your just going crazy over it and thats causing it to be worse...........GN all AND GL...

Old 02-01-2008, 04:53 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,509,560 times
doglover I started getting PVCs in my early 30s too...high stress coupled with happy hours & fast food on the run finally did me in one day sitting at home. I panicked so bad & called 9/11 but at the hospital the EKG came back normal. A few months passed and then I started getting them for hours on end and this persisted for a couple of years until they mysteriously stopped. I found out I had a very low potassium and eleoctrolyte levels & was dehydrated. So now it's water & Gatorade along with foods rich in potassium. Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:34 PM

3 posts, read 19,290 times
Default help

how do i post a question on this site

Old 03-07-2008, 03:29 PM

18,924 posts, read 43,225,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylily View Post
how do i post a question on this site
Go back to "health and wellness" and then go to bottom and click on "new thread".

Old 03-07-2008, 03:38 PM

18,924 posts, read 43,225,958 times
I also have palpitations and they run in my family. I found it interesting someone mentioned needing to burp, I experience that too. I can just be sitting here and start having palpitations, but if I move around and make myself burp the palpitations will go away. Drinking too fast will also cause them. Another thing I noticed is if I suddenly get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I will have them.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:54 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,936,653 times
Some of you that have heart palpatations and there is nothing wrong with you, you might want to come over and read some of the posts on the panic attack thread. You might be suffering from anxiety. I have a racing heart, and have had an ultra sound done of my heart, I wore the heart monitor for 24 hours, I have had numerous EKGs, blood test , and they all came back negitive. I have an panic disorder plain and simple. It is a hard thing to live with, but it is managable. Just a thought.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM

3 posts, read 26,310 times
3 months ago, I had a cold and started coughing, but did not pay attention to the palpitations i was having. Thought it was just my stomach digesting stuff. My cough got worse and i went to the doctor after 6 weeks. My doctor said I had bronchitis, I forgot to mention to him about the sound and feeling I was having near the lower center area of my chest. After taking antibiotics for the bronchitis, my cough subsided but not completly. I went back to my doctor 3 weeks later and told him about the feeling in my chest near my upper stomach. He gave me something for allegies (nosal spray) for the cough and referred me to a cardiologist for the palpitations. Well, my appointment is early July. By the way, the palpitations were occuring around 2 times an hour when i am sitting, but when i am working on my feet, I rarely feel them. I gave up caffenated coffee this last week to see if there would be any improvement. Results, just a little improvement. I am generally very healthy and do not have any history of heart problems. BP is at 115/75. Well, I will keep you informed as to the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness