Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:26 AM

76 posts, read 265,343 times

Advertisements

here is something i neglected to mention the other day.. i didn't want to make the post too long.. but its fairly common to be deficient in zinc. zinc is needed for many functions in the body.. and is part of 70 different enzymes..
there is a nice, quick easy taste test i do with my patients to determine if they are deficient... ask your local healthcare provider, or they should be able to do it at the healthfood store... you use a zinc solution as a mouthwash and rate the taste..
also, if you are under extreme stress, vitamin B def is common.. vitamin b12 is common if you are over say... 40 (depending on many other factors though).. so you may want to consider looking into a b complex and a sublingual b12. if your stomach acid is low (a very common problem) and your intrinsic factor is low, you may not be able to absorb b12 by ingesting it...
if you need help with all of this, feel free to contact me. i treat people all over the country, and use a non invasive lab test...
but if you have some one locally, these are things to possibly explore.
good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 AM

379 posts, read 645,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have chronic fatigue. Not the syndrome, just chronic fatigue. I have lots of health issues at only 20 so my doctors think that could be stressing out my body, but we are unable to find out why (and suspect it might be the same reason why I cannot lose weight). It's bad at college because I have a single room and literally have to scatter alarms throughout the room. The worst was when my alarm was going off for 10 hours and my hallmates called public safety to unlock my door and turn off the alarm because they thought I had left. The cop opened the door and there I was laying in bed! The alarm didn't even make me budge!

On any given night, I have to set up my sleep schedule so I KNOW that I have at least 12 hours of sleep. I also start setting my alarms an hour and a half before I need to get up. If I get up before I'm ready to, I fall asleep in the shower, at my desk, or even somehow make my way back to bed and don't remember how. Now that I'm home on break, I'm often sleeping 12-15 hours a night besides doing nothing but working out on any given day.

Talk to your doctors.. hopefully it will be a less complicated problem than mine!
What have you been tested for? Have they done a sleep study?

Old 05-30-2009, 04:27 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I actually was diagnosed with chronic fatigue. B-12, complex shots helped for a while, but then they quit working. I began drinking raw carrot juice daily and became feeling better after one week. I kept it up and that cured my long time chronic fatigue. My formula was 5 medium-sized carrots, few springs parsley, 1 clove garlic, and 1 rid of celery (not leaves)I had one glass of this a day. It will probably cure any type of fatigue.

I don't doubt this person's post about making fresh carrot juice!!! In fact, I will try it myself.

If you don't like carrots or the other ingredients, try this:

Like most of you, I had experienced many of the sleep problems on this thread. As a last resort, I began experimenting with foods. Within about 1-2 hours after eating, the horrible sleepiness would consume me.

When I eat a raw diet, as opposed to a cooked diet, it does make me feel more energetic, much less sleepy. It works for me 80-95% of the time. I wonder if this could have anything to do with food sensitivities? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I get too hungry on only raw foods, so I started adding protein back...like chicken, fish, legumes. I make smoothies (made of fruits and veggies only) from Victoria Boutenko's book, Greens for Life. Experiment to see what combination works best for you...all raw, or raw with added protein, and notice which food groups seem to negatively affect how you feel.

I think cheese and dairy are big no-no's...from my own experimentation. Also, I stay away from most grains. Experimentation is the key for each person. One food group I also added back by way of dehydrated veggies, is corn, peas, etc.....3/4 oz to 1 oz per meal. If you are really sensitive, reduce them to 1/4 to 1/2 oz, or leave out. They add a nice crunch to salads. If I don't eat a tiny bit of starch I get too hungry.

BTW....the "smoothies" in Victoria's book contain only fruits and greens. They are actually quite delicious....they are my 'breakfast' first course to which I add a second breakfast course of 1 to 2 bananas (don't put in the smoothie, eat them like a fruit . This second course also keeps me from getting too hungry before lunch. You may need to start by using only a minimal amt of the greens and work your way up as some are more sensitive to the taste of greens. Some of the least strong greens are kale and spinach.

If you are a big man, or someone who does exercise, or a younger person, you will need to increase your food intake accordingly.

If this all sounds too complex for you, then keep it simple. Just eat a lot of fresh produce, both fruits and veggies. Don't use a lot of commercially prepared salal dressings as some of those seem to affect me...not sure if it's the chemicals in them, including sugar and corn sweeteners. Be sure to include salad greens such as spinach, Romaine, mixed spring greens, parsley, etc. If you find you need more protein, eat what you llike: chicken, fish, beef, black beans or any legume, but I would limit the protein to 4 oz, and legumes 8 oz. A note about beef: if you are sensitivve to grains, beef could trigger you. Some beef is grain fed, and some is grass fed. If you must eat beef, eat the grass fed if you don't tolerate grains well.

I think this way of eating will improve your level of tiredness and how you feel in general. It sure beats going to the doctor for years and years and having them find nothing "wrong".

Old 05-30-2009, 11:57 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,698,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty53000 View Post
I feel exactly the same as what you described!
AND, I'm in high school right now, and this started for me my freshman year in high school. I, like you, get a great nights sleep, but I still feel exhausted by about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I've gone to a doctor about it, and they've done blood tests and other things, but haven't found anything wrong.
Dont you hate that. We've done blood tests, MRIs and CAT scans and found nothing wrong with you. But im tired all the time, you need to take care of that yourself

Old 08-10-2009, 04:08 AM

76 posts, read 265,343 times
Default nothing wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
Dont you hate that. We've done blood tests, MRIs and CAT scans and found nothing wrong with you. But im tired all the time, you need to take care of that yourself
well first let me just say that this is not medical advise, only some suggestions. the problem with the current way of looking at health is, doctors look for what is wrong. this is not their fault. its not something they did wrong, but the approach is lacking. This is why holistic practitioners are getting more mainstream and some of the theories are being taught in mainstream medical schools. we need to look to see how the body is working together, and what is out of balance.
ok so first, on the carrot juice post. this is very possible. of course i am not doubting the relief the poster felt. I am sure its very real. more than likely though its because of the high potency high quality antioxidants he rec'd. in many FMS and CFS patients, the problem may be something called peroxinitrate which is like a super oxidizer.
but for some one in high school, the problem may be reversed, if you are training overly hard, and suddenly you feel like you hit a wall, that may be due to over training and pushing too hard. actually too many antioxidants can do this too. this is the opposite of the oxidized state, its called a reduced state. in either case, talk to your health care practitioner about doing an oxidation test. its cheap and easy to do, you can even do it from home.... although i would suggest a more thorough test to see what may be out of balance in order to restore your body to working order.
as always, talk to your health care practitioner. The old model of health care, i think, is gone, we should be looking to work together to achieve balance. thats just my two cents anyway, hope that helps. Mod cut: NO soliciting

Last edited by Viralmd; 09-10-2009 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: Soliciting

Old 08-10-2009, 05:45 AM

62 posts, read 120,777 times
Not much about the energy. As for excessive sleepiness, only happends on weekends when it's my day off. I tend to be lazy. Especially when the weather is cold, who would wanna get out of bed at this kind of climate.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy_09 View Post
Not much about the energy. As for excessive sleepiness, only happends on weekends when it's my day off. I tend to be lazy. Especially when the weather is cold, who would wanna get out of bed at this kind of climate.
My wife did, turned out she had very low Vitamin B-12 levels. If you take anything for heartburn you may be reducing the amount you absorb. She now takes a B-12 shot, and uses a B-12 nasal spray. Her energy levels have slowly returned.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 PM

62 posts, read 120,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
My wife did, turned out she had very low Vitamin B-12 levels. If you take anything for heartburn you may be reducing the amount you absorb. She now takes a B-12 shot, and uses a B-12 nasal spray. Her energy levels have slowly returned.
Really? Thanks for the info. Better have to check with my doctor on that.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,006 times
sometimes doctors will tell you your thyroid is fine when it really isn't. My doctor said they use the same "healthy" for 70 year old women as 15 year old boys. Doctors should test for TSH and free T3/T4. I learned this from my doctor. Try going to a holistic doctor...someone who has a real medical degree but they usually know to look at the other thyroid tests. I don't know why that's true but I found this out the hard way....6 or so conventional doctors didn't work, one holistic doctor helped a LOT. it could be hormone imbalance, candida, celiac disease/gluten intolerance, some other food allergy, etc. Best advice is to see a doctor who is well-versed in holistic medicine. I'm not the type to really fall for new agey stuff but that was the only doctor who could help me.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:33 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
What about allergies? I have been so tired the past few days, very sleepy, but it doesn't matter how much I sleep, I'm still tired. I think allergies are the culprit. I think for me, it's mold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness