U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM

13 posts, read 49,672 times

Advertisements

It is supposed to give a lift to your neck and lower face but I have not heard good things about it? Has anyone had it? What were your experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 03:42 PM

5,081 posts, read 13,274,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TresJolie View Post
It is supposed to give a lift to your neck and lower face but I have not heard good things about it?
A noose and gallows will do that also, but I have not heard good things about that either.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:50 PM

436 posts, read 653,527 times
Be cautious about going into this. Check a few things FIRST:

1 Is the physician doing this a Board Certified Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeon, credentialed by the American Board of Plastic/Reconstructive Surgeons? In some States, it is entirely permissible for any physician (ANY PHYSICIAN) to say they are a plastic surgeon and do the surgery, WITHOUT having attended a certifiable course or fellowship. Check with the State medical examiner boards as to the verification of the physician you choose.

2. What is the total cost involvement?

3. What kind of anesthetic/medications are used?

4. Ask to visit the office, and while there, ask to see the credentials and training diplomas for your surgeon. If they balk at this- find another physician.

Remember NO SURGERY ever carries a guarantee of results. If anyone tells you it does, RUN!

Old 01-03-2008, 03:50 PM

5,135 posts, read 10,430,597 times

too funny!

to the OP, i don't have any first hand knowledge but haven't heard good things about it and would not recommend it. Those that have had it, often report that after a year or so the effects of the procedure disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
A noose and gallows will do that also, but I have not heard good things about that either.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:03 AM

10,194 posts, read 22,675,983 times
I've seen the commercials for it. It states that they do a lifestyle lift in an hour without any general anesthesia. So, you will be awake and aware of everything going on. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:57 PM

13 posts, read 49,672 times
Quote:
It is supposed to give a lift to your neck and lower face but I have not heard good things about it? Has anyone had it? What were your experiences?
I am asking if anyone has had it...not your opinions (having not done it.) I know what it is and the controversy surrounding it. I am gathering facts about this from people who have suffered from it so please stay on topic. The people who have been unhappy do not think this is funny...neither should you.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:20 PM

21 posts, read 156,530 times
The better buisness bureau has asked them to stop their misleading ads, cause they are not true. 2 yrs postop, I'm still having numbness& severe pain. Instead of putting the incision in the fold of the ear, the Dr. did a straight line done the side of my face& sewed my earlobe to my face.Once you pay, they could care less about you& forget refunds on bad jobs or even deposits. Consider that gone. Mine was done 2 yrs ago& I get a choking sensation under my neck, in weather changes, it feels like someone is literally tearing my ear off with thier bare hands. My face near the ear from the temple to the chin is still numb. I'd have rather been put to sleep or paid big money rather than go thru that. I went into this believing it was to be 2 small incisions in front of the ears, in the fold& I told you what I got. I was also told he was a Plastic surgeon& he was not. My surgery was delayed 2&1/2 hrs for what was sposed to be a 1 hr procedure. I feel duped & I know many others that are worse than me.When you call, esp. the 1st yr., you are told it's all normal& give it time. Although I've heard of good results, honestly, I've heard of more bad ones.. Supposedly one lady had a stroke & they told her to rest. I personally know of 20 women that have reported the docs to the medical boards. On thier website back then, they said ,'we only hire the best of the best platic surgeons'. That's false, not all, or even alot of dr's there are truly Plastc Surgeons. When you go in you are met by a non medical consultant that should be working at a used car dealer who tries to sell you on the procedure- 15 yrs younger in an hr, lasting 10 years. What a joke! Then she tells you if you put down a deposit, they will discount the procedure only the day you are there.
For more info, see Realself.com, infoscamercials.com... We, as patients are all told the same thing & suffer horrible scars & pain. CBS46 in Atlanta just did a segment on them with 3 girls& tried to make them look like idiots when they had pics showing there scars, etc.
Then they said they had facial improvement. Maybe they did look a bit better, but is it worth the pain& scars for life??? Please ck the dr. out thru state agencies...

Old 01-20-2009, 12:49 AM

Default Lifestyle Lift

Quote:
Hi
I had a LSL done in 06& am still having major problems. I reported the Dr& LSL to our state medical licensing board. Have you had it done?
I currently email with 40 girls who had it done& all are having problems& most are either suing or have reported them to the state. I just got another email from a girl today on Realself.com that they butchered in Tn. Tragic! Everyday on Realself.com or infomercialscams.com, there are new reports of unhappy procedures.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:54 AM

Default Lifestyle Lift

Quote:
I know at least 30 girls all over that had it done & are suffering. LSL doesn't care, they got your money& that's all that counts to them.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:56 AM

It is supposed to, but goes back to the way it was in a short time, within months. There are a few that are happy, most posts I see on Realself.com& infomercialscams.com are people really suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness