Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 01:51 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,553 times

Advertisements

My mother in law is very big on suppliments and natural remedies and sent me some.. My husband and I are currently trying to get pregnant but because I have irregular periods, sometimes going 6-7 months without one I do not ovulate hardly if at all. My gyn said we can try for 6 months then I have to go on a fertility drug. I'm not crazy about that. Evidently the vitex helps with infertility problems and dates back to ancient Roman times. It is widely used in Europe and other countries but no so much in the US.

I'm extreamly nervous about taking it. I have a thing with taking odd suppliments and fear I'll have an allergic reaction and die (yeah I know hypocondractish) I also have a hole in my heart and tachycardia... So it always makes me nervous that it'll mess with my heart. She assures me it won't but I dunno..

Anyone have luck on vitex, or taken it and didn't like it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 06:09 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,786 times
Vitex, or Chaste Tree Berry, is used to regulate menstrual cycles (among other things). The herb is safe to take. It shouldn't affect your heart at all. It is not a stimulant. However, it should be discontinued after you become pregnant. I would also take a good multi vitamin and about 200 iu of Vitamin E every day.

Vitex has been studied in Germany by their Commission E for safety and efficacy. The German Commission E is known worldwide for their studies of supplements.

You need to take Vitex for several month before expecting any results. If you are not comfortable taking fertility drugs then don't take them regardless of what your doctor says. That decision is for you and your husband alone to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness