Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2014, 01:47 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,665,237 times

Advertisements

Is it you? Or a friend or relative?

And why do you think they're/you're healthy -- ?

What do they do they eat/don't eat, do/don't do to be so healthy?

Like you, I've heard about the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous...now wondering what's the lifestyle of the healthy and fit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 09:48 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,287,094 times
As for humans, I've heard that farm kids who work around all that farm animal "waste" and drink non-pasteurized milk are some of the healthiest kids around!

Then there is my dog who sniffs, smells, and licks anything and everything disgusting and nasty looking on the ground - never gets sick! Amazing if you ask me.

Also my dog does not wipe off shopping cart handles or use toilet seat covers - rather he prefers to drink his water out of the toilet! If none available, then a dirty puddle of water in the street will work. (He has perfectly clean bowls of water available at all times and still drinks from those other sources.)

Old 12-08-2014, 03:40 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,049,743 times
Dogs + People = not the same, different immune systems, they are animals, we are human.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:50 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Is it you? Or a friend or relative?

And why do you think they're/you're healthy -- ?

What do they do they eat/don't eat, do/don't do to be so healthy?

Like you, I've heard about the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous...now wondering what's the lifestyle of the healthy and fit?
I've seen both extremes. Chalk it up to a combination of genetics and habits.

I have a filipina coworker that has the kind of body women would kill for. She eats more than I do (and TONS of garbage) and doesn't work out at all. She's 36 and you wouldn't know she wasn't 21. It's absurd.

Conversely, I have a body builder friend whose breakfast is literally milk and dozens of pills blended together. His other meals are bodybuilder staples...chicken cooked a zillion ways, red meat, veggies, etc. Works out 2-4 hours on most days. He's the more "bulky" type of body builder, so he has to eat and work out quite a bit to maintain that level of muscle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness