U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:25 PM

157 posts, read 584,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkor4 View Post
Thankyou for replying.
These last few days have gotten extremely bad.I keep having episodes of tingling/pulsating/? in feet,then huge shaking sensation in my head,sweating,blurry vision,noise sensitivity, pain in head and automatically just reacting angrily/having outbursts-without being aware/being able to control it or spontaneous crying and also just a huge strange terror/horror feeling coming over me and sometimes spontaneous hysterical crying,the environment/atmosphere literally become dark and gloomy etc and always ending with the strange sensations in my feet and huge pulsating in my head and stomach etc.I feel like my life is just hell-everyday has been worse and im afraid i wont find what is causing this and get treatment so i cant see myself going on anymore.

Daniela:have you been tested for vitamin k and Goodpasture's disease?
Benign Intracranial Hypertension can make your nose bleed but i wouldnt think it would make your lungs bleed?

Hi mkor4,

You poor thing! So sorry you are going through this. Have you been through any trama in your life? Physical or sexual abuse, emotional abuse if you don't mind me asking. Is your family supportive and do you have a strong close relationship with them? Did you have this as a child? When did you start experiencing the symptoms? Is there anything from your past such as massive guilt trips anyone has ever tried to lay on you. Any friends or relations who have practiced any kind of witchcraft in your home or around you at any other time in you life that you have been exposed to? I know this sounds really far out but I have known a few people who have experienced horrible physical symptoms that were a mystery for many physicians as a result of some of the reasons stated above.

The only other thing I can think of is from the helpful posts from many others: severe hormonal imbalance, pre menopausal, heavy metal toxicity, toxicity from all of the other medications you have tried. Sometimes it takes a while for the drugs to leave the system. My grandmother experienced very early menopause at age 30. She was very sick. No one knew what was the matter. Has that possibility been ruled out by the doctors? I hope you get to the bottom of this soon with your doctors. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Take gentle care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 AM

498 posts, read 1,410,006 times
Smile Unite

Quote:
thankyou for your kind words Unite and and im sorry about your pain and i hope and pray that your illness and symptoms end now.Thankyou very much-ill ask for thise tests.
I had my sinuses checked and they are ok and i dont drink/use products that have aspartame in them-i dont know how theyre allowed to sell them either.I was at the hospital afew months ago and they were talking about stocking diet coke etc in their vending machine and i was surprised.I was thinking isnt it meant to be a hospital and place of health.
Hey, me again. Well, I was at the doctor yesterday and he told me that I definitely have fibromyalgia, arthritis in my feet and dicinigrated and dicinigrating discs at the base of my spine. So that explains the lower back pain. Now, I need to work on this gullbladder area. There is something terrible wrong there and it does not show in any tests yet. I have had it since I was young and so they think that it is nothing that can kill me. The pain alone is enough to die by. It is excruciating and deabilitating.

Are you finding any relief yet? I hope you are. Did you try Ambient? You really need to try it. I think it may surprise you. Have you been around any birds lately or a zoo? I feel for for you. You are too young to have to deal with this. Did you say, you have children?

There are pressure points on your body that you can get permanently pressured. I have a friend who had to get a couple of these. One of them is pierced into the little flap at the front of her ear. There are certain pressure marks that can soothe some pains. You might find out about pressure points. Try rubbing your feet, especially right up under your toes. Maybe that will soothe you a bit. There are alot of nerves right up under our toes.

Well good luck with everything and stay posting. I will too. Take care

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-18-2008, 12:48 AM

Thumbs up Congradulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotka View Post
No, I have not been tested for either. I am delivering my baby tomorrow via C-section - scared as hell from the pain that would pile up on top of everything else I am experiencing - and after that we will start with the meds and the tests. One possibility for our problems may be vasculitis and more specifically Central Nervous System, a.k.a. brain vasculitis. There are no reliable tests for that - the only way to figure it out is brain biopcy. Look it up - it describes the headaches I am having to the T. I think the remaining symptoms - pulsation, burning, buzzing, etc are a result of the headache or the seizure like activity that is going on.
Wish me luck I may write you an e-mail from the hospital if I am still alive after the surgery. I look forward to the pain meds - hopefully I will be able to sleep - have not really had a good night sleep for months.
Hello Kotka, CONGRADULATIONS!!
Heres hopin you and the little one are doing fine. I can't wait ta hear from you again. I am excited. God Bless.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-21-2008, 09:29 PM

11 posts, read 42,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
Hello Kotka, CONGRADULATIONS!!
Heres hopin you and the little one are doing fine. I can't wait ta hear from you again. I am excited. God Bless.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Hi folks,

I did it!!! I had my little baby girl at 2:29 EST on Jan 16th. She is perfect a little on the small side (being taken out 3 weeks early and all). I also gained only 14-15lbs during the pregnancy so that also accounts for her small size. He name is Mia and she is healthy and eating like a shark. Too bad I can not breasfeed her becasuse of the meds I am on.

Thanks for your help and support. I am now on 37.5mg effexor ( for pain), 2.5 mg zyprexa ( for sleep), and 2 mg ( .5 every 6 hours) lorazepam for anxiety and the pulsating and the headaches. Pretty cool coctail but I can function almost normally.

We are just trying these meds to see if the effexor can deal with the headaches adn the anxiety, and if I can drop the rest of the meds. If not I may go on Topamax to try to deal with the headaches ...in any event I am feeling much better and am more optimistic that my condition is fixable.

Thanks all for caring

Daniela

Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Thankyou for replying.
These last few days have gotten extremely bad.I keep having episodes of tingling/pulsating/? in feet,then huge shaking sensation in my head,sweating,blurry vision,noise sensitivity, pain in head and automatically just reacting angrily/having outbursts-without being aware/being able to control it or spontaneous crying and also just a huge strange terror/horror feeling coming over me and sometimes spontaneous hysterical crying,the environment/atmosphere literally become dark and gloomy etc and always ending with the strange sensations in my feet and huge pulsating in my head and stomach etc.I feel like my life is just hell-everyday has been worse and im afraid i wont find what is causing this and get treatment so i cant see myself going on anymore.

Daniela:have you been tested for vitamin k and Goodpasture's disease?
Benign Intracranial Hypertension can make your nose bleed but i wouldnt think it would make your lungs bleed?

Mary - you are describing exactly what I have. I can not believe it. The throbbing, the pain, the dark thoughts and overwhelming feelings....unbelievable! Believe me a lot of this is anxiety. After I delivered the baby they put me on a mix of med and I am feeling better already. I am on 37.5 mg effexor for pain ( has not started to work yet - I have been taking it for 4 days only, and they most likely will increase the dose. I also take 2.5 zyprexa for sleep - does miricles...but the one that really fixes me when I get the attacks or prevents me from getting them is the lorazepam ( any benzodiazepine will do the same trick) - I take 2 mg /day ( .5 every 6 hours) and and feeling much much better.
Still do nt know what causes this but at lease have a more positive outlook on life and am set to do tests to figure out what is wrong. I have some headache/seizure component as well, because I started getting zig zag lines, and flashing lights before the headache starts...so may be they will place me on Topamax as we discussed earlier.

Not sure what your meds are but try taking a benzodiazepine for a week and see how you would feel - it has to be the right dosage though.

Keep me posted to your progress.

Daniela

Old 01-21-2008, 11:38 PM

Thumbs up Mia

Quote:
Hi folks,

I did it!!! I had my little baby girl at 2:29 EST on Jan 16th. She is perfect a little on the small side (being taken out 3 weeks early and all). I also gained only 14-15lbs during the pregnancy so that also accounts for her small size. He name is Mia and she is healthy and eating like a shark. Too bad I can not breasfeed her becasuse of the meds I am on.

Thanks for your help and support. I am now on 37.5mg effexor ( for pain), 2.5 mg zyprexa ( for sleep), and 2 mg ( .5 every 6 hours) lorazepam for anxiety and the pulsating and the headaches. Pretty cool coctail but I can function almost normally.

We are just trying these meds to see if the effexor can deal with the headaches adn the anxiety, and if I can drop the rest of the meds. If not I may go on Topamax to try to deal with the headaches ...in any event I am feeling much better and am more optimistic that my condition is fixable.

Thanks all for caring

Daniela

Mia, what a beautiful name. She sounds perfect. Congradulations!! I am glad to hear that you both are ok. It sounds like they are taking good care of you. That is good. I won't keep you, cause I know you are busy, but keep up the good work and enjoy those children, they grow up fast. Write me back when you get the chance, and tell me how ya all are doin.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-22-2008, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 9,265 times
I think maybe this can be a bad chemical imbalance. Your body is out of whack but please go see a doctor and give all of your symptoms to him. There are solutions but sometimes it takes time. don't give up!

Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,528,300 times
Kotka

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!!!!

Mia is a beautiful name!

well done!

Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,528,300 times
Quote:
Mary - you are describing exactly what I have. I can not believe it. The throbbing, the pain, the dark thoughts and overwhelming feelings....unbelievable! Believe me a lot of this is anxiety. After I delivered the baby they put me on a mix of med and I am feeling better already. I am on 37.5 mg effexor for pain ( has not started to work yet - I have been taking it for 4 days only, and they most likely will increase the dose. I also take 2.5 zyprexa for sleep - does miricles...but the one that really fixes me when I get the attacks or prevents me from getting them is the lorazepam ( any benzodiazepine will do the same trick) - I take 2 mg /day ( .5 every 6 hours) and and feeling much much better.
Still do nt know what causes this but at lease have a more positive outlook on life and am set to do tests to figure out what is wrong. I have some headache/seizure component as well, because I started getting zig zag lines, and flashing lights before the headache starts...so may be they will place me on Topamax as we discussed earlier.

Not sure what your meds are but try taking a benzodiazepine for a week and see how you would feel - it has to be the right dosage though.

Keep me posted to your progress.

Daniela
I do agree in part. I think that when someone is having bizarre symptoms, an anxiety component develops (anticipation of the symptoms, fear of the symptoms, fear of being able to cope in the future, etc.). I am also on Effexor for my migraines, in addition to Lyrica. I'm kind of in a bad cycle where I don't like the Effexor, stop taking it, feel like I need it, start again - I know it's bad. I did decide over the weekend to resume taking it consistently.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
I do agree in part. I think that when someone is having bizarre symptoms, an anxiety component develops (anticipation of the symptoms, fear of the symptoms, fear of being able to cope in the future, etc.). I am also on Effexor for my migraines, in addition to Lyrica. I'm kind of in a bad cycle where I don't like the Effexor, stop taking it, feel like I need it, start again - I know it's bad. I did decide over the weekend to resume taking it consistently.

Thank you all for your good wishes!

Goldenmom is the effexor helping with the migranes at all? What dose are you taking? I know it takes 4-6 weeks for the stuff to work and I am only on my 5 day but no improvement yet. The only thing that helps is the lorazepam. Witout it my BP runs higher 140/90 and my pulse is 104. Bizzare!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness