U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:49 AM

18 posts, read 85,464 times

Advertisements

I am 27 year old female .
Can anyone please tell me if they have pulsating sensations or if they know what this is or what medication i can take to make this stop please.No doctors have been able to help and im considering suicide.

I have continual episodes of
tingling/pins and needles in my feet,sometime short jabs of pain in feet,tingling in my
hands,sometimes now pain travelling down my arms,small leg/foot muscle
twitches/trembling,sometimes finger twitches,occasional "travelling" pain,severe
headache-forehead area-non tension or pulsatile,waves of chills/shivers,hot face
sometimes,confusion,disorientation,blurriness,memo ry loss,ringing in my
ears,hypersensitivity to
noises,numbness in feet,now sometimes sweating in palms and feet and sometimes all over
too,ringling in ears,pulsating in my stomach,feet,genitals,throat,temple and head and
now also pulsating in my fingertips and lowerback,,at the same time i get spontaneous
crying,or hysterical anger or rages,yelling at my dad for example,taking things the
wrong way-all without control.These episodes range in time from 2minutes to 2 hours
approximately and are continual-as soon as one stops another begins-all day and
night.

Im living in hell.
I think its somehow blood?flow? related because i always get the pulsating in the above
mentioned areas but at the same time i also get the irrational rages and/or crying
etc.Could it be too much/not enough blood flow to an emotional area of the brain?
I have tried many medications including s
imenet,proprananol,zyprexa,zoloft,prozac,lexapro,d iamox,seroquel,risperidone,ritalin,de
pakote,lamictal,tegretol,keppra,sandomigran,sumatr iptan,clonidine,guanfacine,valium,mur
elax,aspirin,vitamins,herbs,eliminated
wheat,psychologist,acupuncture,chiropractor-this is the short list-there are more but i
cant remember because of my memory loss-and nothing has helped at all.

PET scan showed
hypometabolism of both temporal lobes,particularily in the middle temporal gyrus and
more pronounced on the left.(these symptoms were happening during the PET scan)

Does anyone have anything like this?-particularly the pulsating sensations or does anyone know what i can take to make this stop.
PLEASE REPLY VERY URGENTLY
THANKYOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 07:55 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,131,231 times
do NOT consider suicide!
sounds like nerve problems! i will read more in a minute but just had to tell you to stop with the suicide thoughts. please!!!!!!!
hang in there for a bit so we can try to help you figure this out.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:57 AM

have you seen a neurologist? are you taking any meds right now?

Last edited by nicolepsy; 01-04-2008 at 08:15 AM..

Old 01-04-2008, 08:20 AM

Thankyou.I saw a neurologist over a month ago and he thought it was migraine and gave me nortriptyline and it didnt help me.Ive tried 7 different migraine medication and i dont think its migraine because of the spontaneous rage and crying etc.Im not taking any medication at the moment.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:28 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,042,385 times
Have yourself tested for Lyme disease. Also, maybe see a doctor who specializes in fibromyalgia...

Shooting in the dark here, but a lot of the symptoms match.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:32 AM

well, sounds like it would be a good idea to google "best neurologist" in your area and make an appointment. Maybe you are suffering from a couple of different things at the same time? Maybe you are suffering from some type of nerve disorder (hopefully not anything as serious as multiple sclerosis) and also suffering from a mood related disorder? Please keep hanging in there! your type of problem can be very tricky for a doctor to figure out. doctors dont always have all the answers immediately. they sometimes need to figure out correct diagnosis by a process of trial and error. a person's illness can be like a puzzle to them until they find the missing piece. also, all doctors are not created equal which is why i think you should try another neurologist.
also, a lot of the drugs you have taken can cause many horrible side effects.
these medications can sometimes cause even more troubles for you. I am not saying that all medications are harmful or bad but i think it would be wise to try to stop them for a bit and see if any positive changes happen.
please hang in there. there is probably a 1-800 type of suicide hotline that you could call when you start to feel suicidal. i am sure the person on the other line could help you if you would call them.
i am sure things can get better for you if you will only be patient.
others here on cd will respond over the next few days and offer more help.
it takes a while sometimes for cd posters to notice a post so please hang in there so that some others can help you.
dont forget to look up that suicide hot line number! keep it handy!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 AM

12,977 posts, read 30,331,630 times
First thing you need to do is see another doctor.
Second, your symptoms seem to be all over the board, but it also sounds like you are taking something that your body is rejecting like an allergy. Have ny shellfish, caffiene, chocolate or dairy products before symptoms occur?

Thats a lot of meds you've taken, could it also be that your body has become dependent on some of those?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:47 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,684,855 times
I would check everything in my life... Could be a reaction to anything. Food or enviromental. Keep a journel of everything and see if you find one common thing that happens that triggers these things. List dates, food, places you go, things you do, items you use like soaps, deoderant, cleaning products... just list everything you come in contact with every day. Taking any natural supplements? List those if you are. Everything you swollow, use, everyplace you go.. See if you can find a common link.

The reason I suggest that is I went through a time where I would have horriable abdominal pain for about a year. No one could figure out what was causing it so they just treated the pain. Turns out it was certain food I ate but I had the reaction 3 days after eating the offending food so I never connected it to food.

Do not committ suicide! Give yourself a chance to find out what this is and fix it and have a normal life. Keep going to the doctors until you find a doctor that will work with you on this. Always take a list of EVERYTHING that is happening to you to hand the doctor. I find most of them will not listen to a long list of ailments before they want to focus on ONE symptom and want to treat that ONE thing. I have gotten where I tell mine "I don't want to "treat" the pain but find the CAUSE of it and fix THAT!". Good luck! Hang in there and keep at it, work with the doctors in finding the CAUSE and fix that.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:20 AM

Thankyou everybody.

RoaminRed:i had two equivocal Lyme disease tests but a negative western blot and because i live in Australia the doctors here said there is no Lyme disease here.I was thinking i could just buy the antibiotics anyway and try but because the western blot test was negative i thought it wouldnt be Lyme disease because thats meant to be the more accurate test.
With the fibromyalgia i dont have any of the tender points.

nicolepsy:i already had a lumber puncture and they found no ogliconal bands so i think i dont have multiple sclerosis.
Regarding the mood disorder many of the medications i tried were for antidepressants,antipsychotics,anticonvulants,anti anxiety,antiparkinsons,moodstabilisers etc and none of them helped so i dont think its a mood disorder because i also have many physical symptoms and i would have thought one of those medications would have helped if it was.

DaBeez and Laura707:i always thought it wasnt allergy because these episodes are happening constantly hundreds of time every day and night i couldnt say that anywhere/thing i ate triggered them.So i dont eat anything before they occur because they are happening constantly.
Laura-you said you had abdominal pain as a delayed reaction after eating something and didnt connect it to the food-how did you find out it was from what you ate?

Thankyou

Old 01-04-2008, 10:37 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,529,423 times
I just scanned everything above so I apologize if I say anything that has been said. I am on a migraine medicine called "Lyrica" that is, essentially, originally, for this kind of nerve pain. It is a cousin of Neurontin. You see magazine ads where they show something like feet stepping on needles. Neurontin is originally for shingles. Treating the symptoms here seems like the first step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness