Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:39 AM

761 posts, read 604,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I wish you the best of luck!!!!!!

Yes I reckon pressure has alot to do with it. Pressure on some nerve up there?
I quit coffee for a number of reasons.. hoping it would lower the frequency, but nah, now I need to work on that last 10 pounds..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 10:53 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
I quit the 2nd cup of coffee and still need the OTC pain meds, wish I didn't. of course...oh to be pain free...wonder what that would feel like.

I sent you a PM on what keeps buzzing in ear so so quiet and about gone.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:17 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,256 times
I've had tinnitus for many years. It has nothing to do with my weight. I've learned to live with it. When it gets unbearable, I listen to rain sound videos on youtube to drown out the ringing.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:18 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Tinnitus can lead to hearing loss. Yes, it's good to ignore.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:24 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidaldream View Post
Were you able to cure it yourself? Share how you did it.

After gaining ten pounds I noticed a ringing in my ears..
As I suspected, this high pitched sound is a response to pressure.
I'm on a diet to alleviate this annoying sound.

https://www.homecuresthatwork.com/12.../#.UH8TXbThXQc
Mr. CSD has had this since he was a child and he has never in his entire 60+ years been over weight.
He has tried numerous things including Doctors and nothing has helped. He has learned to ignore it over the years unless it gets really bad then he just goes to bed.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:58 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Mr. CSD has had this since he was a child and he has never in his entire 60+ years been over weight.
He has tried numerous things including Doctors and nothing has helped. He has learned to ignore it over the years unless it gets really bad then he just goes to bed.
I am 70 and I developed tinnitus when I was 12 while shooting on my HS rifle team. We had no acoustics back then and ear protectors were not even required. For the first 30 or 40 years I never gained any weight; my weight held steady at about 165.

By the way; it started intermittently and then became steady or I should say fairly steady. At 12, in 1960, there was not a lot of talk about tinnitus. It worried me originally, but after time; it became a familiar tune. There are times when I don't even think I hear it and other times when it drowns out the background. I cannot hear the conversation in crowded, noisy, places. But it is not the end of the world.

One thing that does give me joy is stopping at the stop light and having the young person pull up along side with their speakers blaring. I sit there and smile, while thinking to myself: You damn fool; you will be in my shoes for the rest of your life!

Old 05-22-2017, 12:05 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,759,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Tinnitus can lead to hearing loss. Yes, it's good to ignore.
Wrong. Tinnitus does not cause hearing loss. Most people who have tinnitus also have hearing loss but the hearing loss is not caused by the tinnitus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidaldream View Post
Were you able to cure it yourself? Share how you did it.

After gaining ten pounds I noticed a ringing in my ears..
As I suspected, this high pitched sound is a response to pressure.
I'm on a diet to alleviate this annoying sound.

https://www.homecuresthatwork.com/12.../#.UH8TXbThXQc
Good luck with finding something that works. I've had it for 20+ years. As far as I know there is nothing to cure it. At least, I've had no luck with a cure. I've lost 20 lbs modified my diet and there was no change. The American Tinnitus Society is a good resource: https://www.ata.org/

I've managed to get used to it and it doesn't bother me much unless I focus on it.

I hope something works for you.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:43 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am 70 and I developed tinnitus when I was 12 while shooting on my HS rifle team. We had no acoustics back then and ear protectors were not even required. For the first 30 or 40 years I never gained any weight; my weight held steady at about 165.

By the way; it started intermittently and then became steady or I should say fairly steady. At 12, in 1960, there was not a lot of talk about tinnitus. It worried me originally, but after time; it became a familiar tune. There are times when I don't even think I hear it and other times when it drowns out the background. I cannot hear the conversation in crowded, noisy, places. But it is not the end of the world.

One thing that does give me joy is stopping at the stop light and having the young person pull up along side with their speakers blaring. I sit there and smile, while thinking to myself: You damn fool; you will be in my shoes for the rest of your life!
I am almost 68, and have had it since at least my teens. I honestly don't remember when it started; but I grew up in a house in Florida with no AC, in the flight path of a very busy airport, jets were very loud in those days. I also went to many dances/ concerts and would sit/stand right next to the speakers and ears would ring for days. So I believe my hearing is somewhat damaged. I can hear fine, but the loud ringing/hissing is always there, sometimes better, sometimes worse, never gone.

Tinnitus can also be caused by issues in neck and spine and I have those as well. Weight does not affect it, I have been slim or normal weight the majority of my life. I have learned to mostly live with it, there really is no choice, unfortunately.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:48 AM

21,539 posts, read 8,722,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I'm curious - all of you that have tinitus - is your blood pressure normal or on the low side?
I've had tinnitus for 35 years, and my blood pressure has always been on the low side of normal.

Since I've used a blow dryer for all that time, I suspected that the noise might have caused tinnitus. But my ENT said no, it was merely a symptom of aging that often accompanies hearing loss. I still suspect the blow dryer, though.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:50 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
I blow dry my hair only a few times a year and I developed it when I was in my 30's. I don't listen to loud music. I can't think of any loud noise I've been repeatedly exposed to. My blood pressure is on the low side. I'm not overweight. Sometimes it's hardly noticible and sometimes it's very loud. But it has never completely subsided in the last 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness