Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wash your hands after visiting the restroom?
Yes 168 88.89%
No 21 11.11%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 03:11 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Sorry to say, I believe this is a huge problem in America...we're not as clean as we used to be....

actually, they don't clean public rest rooms and hospitals like they should any longer....

but was wondering, on the topic of cleanliness, do you wash your hands after visiting the restroom

and please share your stories on any of these subjects if you like

I think not washing hands and cleanliness or lack thereof has become a serious problem in America.
Yes; always, and I think I tell my kids to wash theirs everyday maybe 1000 times! Then, wash after touching the floor/toys/car/shopping carts and anything that is not what I deem spotless!

I have to tell you tho...because we go to Disney often...those public bathrooms are a disgrace to humanity! Most of the other public bathrooms I've been in are just as AWFUL and unmaintained!

The other thing that puzzles me greatly is finding PEE on the seat in the women bathroom's at Disney! It is so gross, and I can't begin to imagine how does that happen since each bathroom stall has that paper that you put on the seat before you sit....

Ultimately, it is a matter of parenting. More unqualified people become parents, and since they weren't raised properly, they're passing down the lack of common sense to their children and so forth.

Ashton Kutcher actually mentioned a great quote recently on The Ellen Show:
"Most people think they need to make a better world for their children, but the reality is we need to make better children for our world."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 03:21 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post

The other thing that puzzles me greatly is finding PEE on the seat in the women bathroom's at Disney! It is so gross, and I can't begin to imagine how does that happen since each bathroom stall has that paper that you put on the seat before you sit....
I want to start off by saying that I hover over public toilets 99.9% of the time and as far as I can remember have never peed or pooed on the toilet seat. That being said, in that .1% of the time that I have to really pee and for some reason can't hover - guess I can't do 2 things at once when I really have to go? - I would much rather see the pee on the seat so I can move on to another stall than for somebody to pee on the seat and just wipe it off with tissue. The germs are still on the seat. And as for as those papers you can put on the toilet? If you pee on them the pee goes through to the seat.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:22 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,728,760 times
Wash hands all the time and I usually use the paper towel to open the door due to people that do not wash their hands.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:24 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,471,538 times
I always do, but a fair amount of guys don't if they are doing # 1 I have noticed.

Maybe it's because some urinals don't require you to touch them who knows

Old 12-14-2014, 03:26 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Who wouldn't?
People with excessively dry hands that don't have access to hand lotion after washing

Old 12-14-2014, 04:02 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
PhotoProIP

This is just a guess, but years ago, before they had the seat papers, we were told to never ever sit on the seat, and some women today still do that, so, since they are balancing above the seat...well.....

Quote:
Ashton Kutcher actually mentioned a great quote recently on The Ellen Show:
"Most people think they need to make a better world for their children, but the reality is we need to make better children for our world."
I'm so thankful you feel that way.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:13 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
I want to start off by saying that I hover over public toilets 99.9% of the time and as far as I can remember have never peed or pooed on the toilet seat. That being said, in that .1% of the time that I have to really pee and for some reason can't hover - guess I can't do 2 things at once when I really have to go? - I would much rather see the pee on the seat so I can move on to another stall than for somebody to pee on the seat and just wipe it off with tissue. The germs are still on the seat. And as for as those papers you can put on the toilet? If you pee on them the pee goes through to the seat.
Ohh dear!

I won't use a stall that has pee already on it!

I use 3 of those tissues and sit down! No way I could pee standing; in Bkt a guy! Nor 6 feet tall to not touch the toilet with the rest of me! Those tissues are precisely made for girls to put down and sit and pee!!

Old 12-14-2014, 04:24 PM

3,297 posts, read 3,020,583 times
I voted "Yes" but with a qualification, as unfortunately, I have on occasion been in restrooms where my need to use the facilities was so great, and the facilities so disgusting, that I just did what I had to do and then left without touching anything I didn't absolutely have to touch, including the taps. On those occasions, I washed my hands elsewhere as soon as I possibly could.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:53 PM

9,466 posts, read 10,793,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I voted "Yes" but with a qualification, as unfortunately, I have on occasion been in restrooms where my need to use the facilities was so great, and the facilities so disgusting, that I just did what I had to do and then left without touching anything I didn't absolutely have to touch, including the taps. On those occasions, I washed my hands elsewhere as soon as I possibly could.

I agree with this. I will not wash my hands after just going number one if the sinks are nasty. I know my hands would be dirtier for touching them. There are many cases where what I touched was far cleaner than those facilities. Sinks with chew in them, spit or even blood. I hate public restrooms, so disgusting in general. I use paper towels to open the doors, as I don't know if the guy who went number 2 washed his hands or if he had fecal matter on his hand when he opened the door. Best to open door with a foot, or even flush a commode with your foot. I don't know how some people get so much fecal matter outside of the commode, are we animals??? Touching anything in a public restroom is nasty. If the restroom is clean however I always wash my hands, whether I went #1 0r #2.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:52 AM

3,148 posts, read 2,729,081 times
I don't wash my hands after I perform oral on a chick either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness