Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:21 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Things the Dr.s are REALLY thinking:

"Well, what have we here...?"
(He has no idea and is hoping you'll give him a clue.)

* "Let me check your medical history."
(I want to see if you've paid your last bill before spending any more time with you.)

* "Why don't we make another appointment later in the week."
(I am playing golf this afternoon, and this a waste of time or I need the bucks, so I am charging you for another office visit.)

* "We have some good news and some bad news."
(The good news is, I am going to buy that new BMW. The bad news is, you're going to pay for it.)

* Let's see how it develops."
(Maybe in a few days it will grow into something that can be cured.)

* "Let me schedule you for some tests."
(I have a forty-percent interest in the lab.)

* I'd like to have my associate look at you."
( He's going through a messy divorce and owes me a bundle.)

* I'd like to prescribe a new drug."
( I'm writing a paper and would like to use you for a guinea pig.)

* "If it doesn't clear up in a week, give me a call."
(I don't know what it is. Maybe it will go away by itself.)

* That's quite a nasty looking wound."
(I think I'm going to throw up.)

* "This may smart a little."
(Last week two patients bit off their tongues.)

* "Well, we're not feeling so well today, are we?"
( I'm stalling for time. Who are you and why are you here?)

* "This should fix you up."
(The drug company slipped me some big bucks to prescribe this stuff.)

* "Everything seems to be normal."
(Rats! I guess I can't buy that new beach condo after all.)

* I'd like to run some more tests."
(I can't figure out what's wrong. Maybe the kid in the lab can solve this one.)

* "Do you suppose all this stress could be affecting your nerves?"
( You're crazier than an outhouse rat. Now, if I can only find a shrink who'll split fees with me.)

* "There is a lot of that going around."
(My God, that's the third one this week. I'd better learn something about this.)

* "If those symptoms persist, call for an appointment."
( I've never heard of anything so disgusting. Thank God I'm off next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 10:53 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Haaa Haaaaa Hahahahaha Pretty darn good! Thanks for the laugh!

Old 12-01-2007, 01:06 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Default This is too cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post

"Well, what have we here...?"
(He has no idea and is hoping you'll give him a clue.)

* "Let me check your medical history."
(I want to see if you've paid your last bill before spending any more time with you.)

* "Why don't we make another appointment later in the week."
(I am playing golf this afternoon, and this a waste of time or I need the bucks, so I am charging you for another office visit.)

* "We have some good news and some bad news."
(The good news is, I am going to buy that new BMW. The bad news is, you're going to pay for it.)

* "Let me schedule you for some tests."
(I have a forty-percent interest in the lab.)

* I'd like to have my associate look at you."
( He's going through a messy divorce and owes me a bundle.)

* I'd like to prescribe a new drug."
( I'm writing a paper and would like to use you for a guinea pig.)

* "Well, we're not feeling so well today, are we?"
( I'm stalling for time. Who are you and why are you here?)

* "This should fix you up."
(The drug company slipped me some big bucks to prescribe this stuff.)

* "Everything seems to be normal."
(Rats! I guess I can't buy that new beach condo after all.)

* I'd like to run some more tests."
(I can't figure out what's wrong. Maybe the kid in the lab can solve this one.)

( You're crazier than an outhouse rat. Now, if I can only find a shrink who'll split fees with me.)

(My God, that's the third one this week. I'd better learn something about this.)

Thanks for the laugh cynwldkt;
This is too funny;
But i hate to say it, some of the (remarks) ring true..LOL
God Bless

Old 12-01-2007, 04:18 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,191 times
Do you realize how TRUE that really is?????

We are ALL indeed their guinea pigs.... Just listen to the list of "possiable side effects" on those drug commercials...Look at the drugs that have killed or caused lifelong problems for the people they were suppose to "help"..

I think my all time favorite is the commercial for that new drug Lyrcia for Fibromyalgia
"Symptoms of fibromyalgia vary from person to person and can be affected by stress or other environmental factors. Some symptoms include: headache, fatigue and chronic pain. "

In taking Lyrica .....You should tell you doctor if you Have muscle pain along with a tired feeling while taking LYRICA... HUH? Are they not some of the symptoms of what you are TREATING with this drug?

That is just about the stupidest thing I have heard to date!

Old 12-02-2007, 02:17 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
Do you realize how TRUE that really is?????

We are ALL indeed their guinea pigs.... Just listen to the list of "possiable side effects" on those drug commercials...Look at the drugs that have killed or caused lifelong problems for the people they were suppose to "help"..

I think my all time favorite is the commercial for that new drug Lyrcia for Fibromyalgia
"Symptoms of fibromyalgia vary from person to person and can be affected by stress or other environmental factors. Some symptoms include: headache, fatigue and chronic pain. "

In taking Lyrica .....You should tell you doctor if you Have muscle pain along with a tired feeling while taking LYRICA... HUH? Are they not some of the symptoms of what you are TREATING with this drug?

That is just about the stupidest thing I have heard to date!
I couldn't believe it when i listened to all the side-effects of that drug in the commercial. I thought if anyone asks to have that drug from their doctor, they are just idiots. And the pharmaceutical companies creating drugs that don't help all these creative diseases they keep coming up with are raking in the money and getting the last laugh.

I saw something on a commercial once for snoring. The drug was to help stop snoring, but the side effects were tiredness, headaches, muscle aches and diarrhea. Hell, id rather just snore! lol

Old 12-02-2007, 02:49 AM

498 posts, read 1,520,201 times
Default Not Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I couldn't believe it when i listened to all the side-effects of that drug in the commercial. I thought if anyone asks to have that drug from their doctor, they are just idiots. And the pharmaceutical companies creating drugs that don't help all these creative diseases they keep coming up with are raking in the money and getting the last laugh.

I saw something on a commercial once for snoring. The drug was to help stop snoring, but the side effects were tiredness, headaches, muscle aches and diarrhea. Hell, id rather just snore! lol
Do you have Fibromyalgia? If you don't, you can't even imagine the constant body pain. When you are in that much pain daily, all night...all day!! It is so stressfull to the body. You are almost willing to try anything to stop the pain. Yes, those side effects scare us to death, but we hurt, we really constantly hurt. It is no fun. So please if you could be a little more gentle on our pain it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to avoid this one though, Lyrica. It is so scary taking new drugs. They do make it sound like somewhat of a tranquilizer. I am tired of being tired. I am tired of the pain. I am tired of being physically useless. I may not appear that way, but my body is screaming 24/7 pain. I guess we will try anything to stop that. I hope you never have to go through any disease like this, it hurts. My case might even be going as far as MS. I stay in pain. When I saw that commercial, I thought oh good, they finally came out with something that is going to work, but then I saw the side effects and kinda put it aside for a minute. Any way just wanted to try and enlighten you on us idiots in pain, but for the most part you are right. Thanks for listening.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:48 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,191 times
UNITE, I am sorry for your pain and I hate that anyone has to have this. My sister in law has it along with other medical problems caused from former medicines she has taken.

I was not criticizing anyone for taking that medicine, I know pain and all you want is relief when you hurt 24/7. What I was criticizing was the big pharma's that create these drugs that often cause more problems than they cure and they hide so many of the side effects that it is like playing Russian Roullet when you take them.. You never know what is going to happen when you swollow one of their miracle drugs, what kind of damage they are going to do and rather or not it is permanent.

Those drug companies lie to the doctors about the side effects and they fall for the lies of the people who make a profit when they sell their drugs and do not believe you when you go back and tell them that drug is causing you problems. I have refused to play their game anymore. There ARE times when I know I will have to take their drugs but I for one am going to start asking for drugs that have already proven themselves that work as good as their newer higher priced ones that nobody knows anything about.

We can no longer blindly listen to our doctors and trust the medicines they give us. We have to take a active role in learning all we can about ALL methods of treatment, side effects and possiable complications verses benifits.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
UNITE, I am sorry for your pain and I hate that anyone has to have this. My sister in law has it along with other medical problems caused from former medicines she has taken.

I was not criticizing anyone for taking that medicine, I know pain and all you want is relief when you hurt 24/7. What I was criticizing was the big pharma's that create these drugs that often cause more problems than they cure and they hide so many of the side effects that it is like playing Russian Roullet when you take them.. You never know what is going to happen when you swollow one of their miracle drugs, what kind of damage they are going to do and rather or not it is permanent.

Those drug companies lie to the doctors about the side effects and they fall for the lies of the people who make a profit when they sell their drugs and do not believe you when you go back and tell them that drug is causing you problems. I have refused to play their game anymore. There ARE times when I know I will have to take their drugs but I for one am going to start asking for drugs that have already proven themselves that work as good as their newer higher priced ones that nobody knows anything about.

We can no longer blindly listen to our doctors and trust the medicines they give us. We have to take a active role in learning all we can about ALL methods of treatment, side effects and possiable complications verses benifits.
There are many sides to these debates concerning medications. My sister has Mysthenia Gravis. The Dr.s have her on cocktails of drugs. Now, because of these drugs her bones have become "soft" and she has broken her hip and pelvis. She is constantly in and out of the hospital. It's so sad to see. But again, she is alive. I hate the drug companies and I also agree that they are basically about making the almighty dollar. It's tough when a person is aflicted with a serious medical condition and must rely on any of these drugs. I want my sister to live but I hate seeing the pain she must go through not only from the disease itself but also from the medications. I am most angry at how the Big Pharmas don't recognise "natural" healing methods. They totally dismiss them. I only can say there are always two sides to the plus and minuses regarding medications!!! It's a last resort, in my opinion, to take any medications.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:49 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
PinkString wrote:
That's true for most of the drugs being hawked on TV. The potential side effects are worse than the symptom supposedly being treated.

Laura707 wrote:
Placing blind trust in doctors and drugs is one of the most foolish errors a person can make.

blessings....Franco

Old 12-03-2007, 11:09 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
and occasionally the nurse practitioner.....

( You're crazier than an outhouse rat. Now, if I can only find a shrink who'll see you.)

(My God, that's the third one this week.)

LOLOLOL - you have NO clue how many times I've thought some of these (with my corrections in bold)....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness