Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 12:09 PM

6 posts, read 30,012 times

Advertisements

I'm 24 and I work in a retail position where I am standing all day or walking around on concrete. By the end of a 9 hour shift I am limping and my feet HURT. They burn and ache, not just in my heels but all over. By midday I am just miserable. I have tried inserts but they don't work. My boyfriend has made a ritual of massaging my feet for an hour but honestly? It makes them ache worse. After working four days in a row I hobble around. After a day of work I am rarely tired but my foot pain tends to hold me back from being productive. It's awful.

Weirdly my feet hurt even worse when I come home and remove my socks and shoes. Weirdly enough when I'm not working and am just walking around or being active I experience zero pain and it's not an issue. This leads me to believe it's the hard concrete I work on.

The only shoes that tend to relieve my pain are a thick pair of Crocs I have but I can't wear them to work because they are open back and our shoes must be closed at the heels and at the toes. Honestly I just want some relief, plus I'd like to be more productive at work.

No, I'm not diabetic.

Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 01:02 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
Go to a podiatrist...you could have plantar facitis... (sp)....or some other issue, including circulation problems!

Old 01-06-2015, 01:24 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
You need better shoes for work, something with a thick sole and some arch support. Inserts in the shoes probably aren't enough to make a difference. My friends who are on their feet all day like Dansko clogs, or Sanita which I think are a little less expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness