U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 AM

52 posts, read 578,093 times

Advertisements

Last year I had an overnight pulse ox and it showed my oxygen was under 90 for a couple hours before waking. I never went in for a sleep study test. But lately I been waking up and I feel my heart racing and I take my pulse and it's between 125 - 110 then I start to sweat. Last night I almost passed out when I had to use the bathroom because my pulse was so high. it seems ok during the day time.

Could this be sleep apnea or cardiac? It's a pita to do the sleep study but I may have to.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 10:26 AM

2,662 posts, read 2,418,778 times
To be honest, I don't recall any specific symptoms before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Except being tired all the time.

Have you had your thyroid levels checked? What about blood pressure?

The symptoms you are describing would be enough for me to have a conversation with my doctor.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:38 PM

6,751 posts, read 7,375,643 times
Definitely see your doctor. Is there a reason s/he doesn't already have those results? Low oxygen could be due to apnea; it may be a good place to start.

I had a sleep study last year. It was like a hotel with electrodes, lol. The worst part was washing the goo out of my hair. My oxygen dropped to 81%. Yeah, I have a CPAP. I feel lots better since I started using it.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:01 PM

Did you have a rapid pulse at night everytime you woke up and sweated?

Old 01-06-2015, 01:46 PM

2,662 posts, read 2,418,778 times
I've only experience the rapid pulse stuff (or at least that feeling) when my blood pressure is high, and that's only been in the last year or so. And the sweating...well, some folks call them hot flashes. I call them my personal tropical vacations. And again, that's only been happening for the past year or so.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 10 years ago and I did not have the symptoms you describe. But people can have different symptoms.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:00 PM

5,354 posts, read 14,434,859 times
Sleep apnea is almost always characterized by snoring, periods of not breathing, followed by snorting or gasping....even tho you don't wake up for all that noise!

If you've been having BP problems, find out why!

Old 01-06-2015, 02:33 PM

I am on a diurtic and it seems to be keeping my pressure down. I take my bp when these episodes happen and it's fairly normal but my pulse is crazy.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:41 PM

460 posts, read 825,606 times
I didn't know what sleep apnea was or that I had it until it got so bad I would have to pull my car over because I couldn't make it all the way home without dozing off, despite drinking 5-6 red bulls per day, and I fell out of my chair at work, and started having hallucinations due to lack of sleep.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:38 PM

15,964 posts, read 33,757,252 times
Do you have reactions to any foods, spices or alcohol? Are you diabetic or have any other hormonal related issues? I ask, because I occasionally experience waking up with my heart racing, pounding and skipping. It is usually related to something I have eaten/drank, or some other random issue that causes a surge of adrenalin. When this happens I can usually take some powdered Vit. C (electrolytes) and baking soda and it calms right down.

I personally do not think it is sleep apnea.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:31 PM

It might be hormonal. I am at that stage in life where my hormones might be a bit off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness