Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,842 times

Advertisements

Try reading this article, it may help.
http://hometreatment.net/home-remedi...-canker-sores/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 02:04 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
Default Abriva, works very fast

It's about 14-18 a tube worth t

Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 AM

175 posts, read 846,624 times
It use Lysine. It works!

Old 10-30-2010, 10:32 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
They go away in a day or two if I stir a spoon of baking soda in a cup of water and drink it. Might have to do that the next day, if they're severe. They are caused by an excessively acidic digestive system, and that can be neutralized quickly with a dose of baking soda.

If you have a really serious oubreak of them, ask your pharmacist for some Gentian Violet and dab some of that on the sores with a Qtip. Be careful with that stuff, it makes an awful purple stain on anything it touches, including your mouth.

Canker sores are smooth lumps inside the mouth---not to be confused with cold sores, which are outbreaks on the outside of the lips. Totally different things, different causes.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,083 times
I had mouth ulcers a long as I can remember. Anywhere in my mouth or throat you could place one there has been one there. I have tried everything in the book nothing worked did get some help from dexamethasone but I ate everything in site. Then at 30yrs of age had a bout with depression and discovered I had anxiety and Zoloft and they disappeared almost completely. Zoloft seems not to be working anymore as they are coming back. Think I will go back to dr. and see about another anxiety medicine. This may seem like a boastful post but I put it up so someone might could use it. Because I know how painful they are I have plenty of scars and stories to tell.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:50 PM

626 posts, read 975,920 times
I used to be plagued by canker sores. If you start to get one, brush and floss right away. Keeping bacteria at bay will make them go away BEFORE they get big. I faithfully brush and floss every day and now I don't get them anymore.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:49 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
I douse mine with hydrogen peroxide; canker, cold, doesn't matter which and it goes away pretty quickly. For the inside of your mouth it might be easier to mix half/half with water and use as a mouth rinse and spit it out! Drugs for this, drugs for that; why bother when a simple peroxide rinse will do? If you use it often enough it will also whiten your teeth though you shouldn't expect overnight whitening!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:04 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Most canker sores in and around the mouth are caused by form of the herpes simplex virus. People like to relate many other causes for them, but fact is, it is a form of herpes. About 30% of the population have the virus dormant in their system. Stress and other nutritional deficiencies can cause them to flare up.

Un-believable. The things you learn on these boards.

Canker sores have nothing to do with the herpes simplex virus. And they can be caused by something as innocuous as an irritation inside your mouth.

To the OP: try using a SLS-free toothpaste, as sodium laurel sulfate has been shown to cause canker sores in susceptible individuals.

Yeesh, people

Old 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,162 times
I have a solution that is very simple: Wait a week.

That's it. No woo-woo, no smelly garlic, no expensive medicine. Just old fashioned patience.

It will go away on its own.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:04 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,267,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Un-believable. The things you learn on these boards.

Canker sores have nothing to do with the herpes simplex virus. And they can be caused by something as innocuous as an irritation inside your mouth.

To the OP: try using a SLS-free toothpaste, as sodium laurel sulfate has been shown to cause canker sores in susceptible individuals.

Yeesh, people

Exactly. They are not the same thing. Canker sores are NOT associated with herpes.

Quote:
Are Cold Sores and Canker Sores the Same Thing?

No. Although cold sores and canker sores are often confused for each other, they are not the same. Unlike canker sores, cold sores are caused by a virus and are extremely contagious.
Canker Sores: Causes, Treatments, Symptoms, and More

Where do you find SLS-free toothpaste? I have read about this solution in other forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness