Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 10:40 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times

Advertisements

I bet you think I'm nuts, haha maybe I am, but only when doing flossing/brushing do I get a very warm face feeling & high BP feelings. I have no idea why but maybe it is impatience/dread of doing this, I don't know? Anyone else relate to this at all?

Oops, should be feeling -- not feelking, haha, oh man did today go backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 11:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Flushed face does not mean your blood pressure spiked. Best to see if you can do something about that blood pressure health wise.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:55 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
I wonder why you dread brushing your teeth?
I can't relate to that personally, I like brushing my teeth.
If this worries you, is there any way you can make it a more pleasant experience? It might be worth a splurge on a toothbrush that appeals to you, toothpaste that tastes really good... whatever works.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:54 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,371,365 times
Possibly (?) a sensory/tactile issue, "oral defensiveness", having a nervous system that is hypersensitive (compared to how others react).
The writing on such problems are usually geared for parents of small children, but sensory difficulties can be real for a person of any age.
My challenges are significant enough that I require sedative (anti-anxiety) medication just to tolerate undergoing a dental appt.

Oral Sensitivities
Sensory processing disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sensory Over-Responsiveness Symptoms

Old 01-19-2015, 05:44 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
Brushing your teeth should make you feel good...nice, clean and shiny! Are you having gagging reflexes or something that hurts?

Old 01-19-2015, 06:05 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
I am allergic to certain toothpastes. Flushed face, the skin inside my mouth peels off, too. The whole experience can be uncomfortable.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 01-19-2015 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-19-2015, 08:16 PM

Hey all, I know you think I'm nuts but I think it is a few things. 1st, it may be general anxiety/impatience. 2nd, it seems having to focus on a task that is ritualisitc makes it more stifling. I know it makes no sense but it is true as it happens everytime, morn or night. 3rd, it may be tactile issues, don't know. I never told a doc though I bet they'll say it is in my head, & anxiety & dismiss it, rather than look for a cause.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:41 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
I was thinking toothpaste allergy as well . I am hyper sensitive to certain toothpastes as well . I would try that first .

Old 01-24-2015, 10:50 PM

Nah, I think we're reading too much into this. It isn't sensible to think BP spikes due to this are other than GAD or anything that raises a "don't want to do it to take the time & impatience". I think stems from just over stim due to a restless OCD type personalitly & thus it is result of rushing mindset. Ok, since no one can relate, haha, suffice to say it is curse & plight I must deal w/ but then again we all have our burdens to bear & this happen to b mine

PS - while listening to Van Halen & tryin to type this after a bottle of wine, well, it just ain't easy & I know, no one can relate... hahahaaa

Old 01-25-2015, 11:29 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Nah, I think we're reading too much into this. It isn't sensible to think BP spikes due to this are other than GAD or anything that raises a "don't want to do it to take the time & impatience". I think stems from just over stim due to a restless OCD type personalitly & thus it is result of rushing mindset. Ok, since no one can relate, haha, suffice to say it is curse & plight I must deal w/ but then again we all have our burdens to bear & this happen to b mine

PS - while listening to Van Halen & tryin to type this after a bottle of wine, well, it just ain't easy & I know, no one can relate... hahahaaa
In this post, you imply it's an anxiety issue - OCD type personality, rushing mindset, over stimulation - that's all anxiety.

In the previous post you criticize the possibility that a doctor might "dismiss" it and say it's anxiety, without looking for a cause.

I will suggest - that anxiety IS a cause, and in your case, that's probably exactly what is causing it. Relax your mind, and the rest will follow.

Maybe listen to some Enigma or Gregorian Chants for awhile and give Eddie a break
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness