U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:48 PM

54 posts, read 315,128 times

Advertisements

treatment of tatto
surgery ?????????no medical treatment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM

436 posts, read 654,722 times
Laser therapy; preferably done by a board certified plastic surgeon

Old 01-16-2008, 07:23 PM

836 posts, read 3,060,332 times
You ask...WHY do people want tattoos? Is it an ego thing?

People get Tattoos simply because they are expressing themselves. Whether it be to honer someone they have lost, or to remember something special that happened in their lives. such as their children, a special event etc.., or because everyone else has one, or because they want to bond with a group such as gangs.. Not everyone that has a tattoo is a bad person!
I myself have 8 tattoos.. mostly an expression of myself as a person. I use to not like tattoos either, I always thought they were for bad people.. but realized they aren't.. Tattoos are todays fad.. More and more people are getting their first tattoos and piercings. It is like when wood stock was around people then would wear those funky low rise bell bottoms and crazy shirts in which this is the style today. Style repeats itself.. Tattoos were probably a fad at one time or another as well.. It is just a thing.. and if it isn't you then thats your choice.. But don't down people because they choose to have tattoos and piercings.. and if you get a tattoo and have problems with it, it wasn't from the artist with a heavy hand.. some of the most common causes can be treated and alleviated.. Because ALL Artist has heavy hands even if you don't notice it!!
Common causes can be..(allergic reactions to ink can and do happen sometimesespecially with red and yellow, or colors that contain red or yellow. An allergic reaction does not necessarily happen immediately – it can appear a week after receiving a tattoo or years down the road. Changes in the body can cause adverse reactions to things that once were totally benign. An ink allergy will be itchy and raised only in spots of the particular color and is more likely to be a constant irritation rather than one that comes and goes. Topical ointments made for allergic reactions may help to relieve mild irritation, while a prescription drug or even tattoo removal may be required for more serious cases.
Also The WeatherThe weather is the most likely culprit when it comes to occasional but consistent irritation. Some people notice it only happens in the summertime. When temperatures and humidity rise, it can also cause your tattoo to swell slightly. This swelling causes a slight stretching of the skin, which also results in an itchy condition.
And Body ChemistryChanges inside your body can affect you on the outside, too. A rise in blood pressure, increased adrenaline, a change in body temperature – all of these things can affect your tattoo. If you notice your tattoo is itchy and uncomfortable, think about what you’ve been doing recently and you might find a connection. Usually stopping this activity for a period of time will cause the tattoo to feel better on its own.
And Skin ConditionsYou may discover that you have some kind of skin condition you didn’t even know you had, but your tattoo may be more sensitive to it. A skin condition can be as mild as dry skin or as severe as eczema, although the latter isn’t going to surface just because of a tattoo. If you believe you have some kind of skin condition, a visit to a dermatologist may help to relieve any body itching, including your tattoo.

You wrote:I do not know to continuously stick a needle into my skin, and inject a dye under the skin, leaving me the potential for infections, hepatitis, HIV and AIDS.

As for this... Just about every Tattoo shop must apply by State Regulated Rules. Just like a doctors office does! The Licensing and Facility Inspection Under Department of Health Services..this also Requires annual permit!! There is only 3 states in the US that doesn't have state regulations and thats Washington DC, New Mexico, and North Dakota.
And IF you walk into a tattoo shop and it is dirty your most likely going to walk out and report them.. There are several ways of checking to make sure things are sterile and clean.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM

436 posts, read 654,722 times
License of facilities varies form state to state, as does the requirements for cleanliness of establishments.

I would check each and every place out PRIOR to visiting them.

Sorry- but HIV, AIDS and hepatitis are still potentials which people should consider prior to subjecting themselves to a whim and having a tattoo; something which could haunt them for years to come.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:22 AM

836 posts, read 3,060,332 times
OK I work with a tattoo artist.. but I went back through the laws from each state and there is only Arkansas Delaware Illinois New Jersey New Mexico New York Washington DC South Dakota Kentucky..The site doesn't show the states issue License on the Tattoo Regulations website, However you can look them up state by state and it does show they issue a license but the three I mentioned above are the only states that does not require a state License of some kind..If that is the case I would never get a tattoo in that state!
Now yes I'm sure if the place isn't cleaned and needles are NOT sterile(they didn't come out of a wrapped package) then you have cause for concern!.. But NOT all places are like this...Just like in NC.. ALL TATTOO SHOPS HAVE TO BE LICENSED EVERY YEAR AND BEING CLEAN IS A MUST!!!! And I have never ran across one that is bad. I don't know where you live, things maybe different there.. and I am also sure each state has their share of bad tattoo artist, just like each state has their share of bad doctors and dentist. The Tattoo Artist here, (the needles) are bought every month,.. so they come in a wrapped package so you know they are sterile....speaking of doctors offices..choose your doctors and dentist wisely too because YOU CAN GET DISEASES FROM THEM JUST AS EASILY..you do get shots there and they could use tools that might not be sterile..everyone is at risk no matter where you go or what you do! Of course people don't think about that.
Yes I agree everyone MUST investigate the tattooing place before getting a tattoo,.. just like when going to a new doctors or dentist office..there is no difference. This is very important!
And as I said before... If getting a tattoo isn't your choice then thats fine..so be it good for you.. but don't look down on Tattoo Artist just because in the past tattooing places were known as bad dirty places.. Today they are not like that due to state laws. They are out there to make an honest living just like everyone else. I know thats hard for some to believe.. but its true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness