Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 06:24 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times

Advertisements

These computerized testing means nothing without a human being with a brain LOOKING at individuals.

Former Employer Compterized Wellness testing. A late 50s coworker was determined to be Apple Shaped and at risk for a Heart Attack. Problem? She was in her late 50s, 5'0", 90 lbs, with a 26 inch waist and 32 inch hips. Her standardized testing said because she carried her excess fat (?) in her waist she needed a diet, exercise, and to loose inches around her waist. Eat your heart out, Scarlet O'Hara!

Problem was that she didn't HAVE belly fat. What she did have was very small hip bones with her "fat" in her butt. Her two children, barely over 6 lbs., had to be C-Section because she had very small pelvis/birth canal. This woman was a size 0. ANYONE who looked at her could see how very small she was. She was was FURIOUS over her designation as Apple Shaped.

I refused to take my testing after hearing what happened to her. I was in my early 60s, 5"1.5", 100 lbs, with a 26 inch waist, and 34 inch hips. I am also a size 0 as she was. They called us the "Twins" at work. Difference? My hips are all BONES. No FAT. My husband calls me "no butt". My kids were were all over 7 lbs, including one breach, and no C-Sections. Apple shaped too? Pear shaped with no BUTT???? LOL

These computerized "tests" are absurd without a human being LOOKING at different individuals. The reason I am posting this is because another SKINNY little girl was called FAT by these computerized BMI/WHR tests. Bad enough for grown women, but horrible doing this to little children.

Edit: So what does that make you if you are a woman and carry your "excess fat" ABOVE the waist???? Nevermind. lol

Last edited by Jo48; 03-28-2015 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness