Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 10:21 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,809,228 times

Advertisements

My 5 year old dropped a plate on her foot last night. Idk if it's broken or just badly bruised and if it needs to be looked at. It's still very sore this morning . Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 12:34 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,475,265 times
I do not experience with children, but I can say as an adult, I broke my toe more then once. The first time, I went to a doctor and was told the only thing they do for broken toes was to immobilize it, take something for pain and swelling (OTC) and try to avoid putting strain on it. I have been known to tape it to adjacent toe to keep from flexing and apply a fairly .
padded bandage to absorb some of the shock when it does get bumped and to remind me to be careful. Shoes were sometimes out depending on which toe it was.

I would call her doctor and explain your situation and see what he says. A bad bruise can be as painful as a broken bone, so pain is not a great indicator.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
I do not experience with children, but I can say as an adult, I broke my toe more then once. The first time, I went to a doctor and was told the only thing they do for broken toes was to immobilize it, take something for pain and swelling (OTC) and try to avoid putting strain on it. I have been known to tape it to adjacent toe to keep from flexing and apply a fairly .
padded bandage to absorb some of the shock when it does get bumped and to remind me to be careful. Shoes were sometimes out depending on which toe it was.

I would call her doctor and explain your situation and see what he says. A bad bruise can be as painful as a broken bone, so pain is not a great indicator.

Thanks! I didn't do much about it last night because I knew there wasn't much they could do. It started bleeding again this morning when it got wet and the buise is under the nai too, so I called the doctor. Because it's under the nail they want to see her this afternoon .

Old 03-31-2015, 04:50 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,475,265 times
That is certainly not going to be a fun visit. She will most likely lose that nail or he may remove it just so no blood get trapped under it! I feel for both of you!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
That is certainly not going to be a fun visit. She will most likely lose that nail or he may remove it just so no blood get trapped under it! I feel for both of you!
Thank you! And thankfully it wasn't too bad. The doctor said that the portion under the nail was very small and might be small enough that the nail won't fall off. Phew! It's still a possibility, but the odds are in our favor. She was also suggesting a suture until she got it cleaned off then said the cut wasn't that bad and sealed it with liquid band aid. Feeling pretty lucky!

Old 04-01-2015, 01:56 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,999,223 times
Looks bruised...but no matter...if it's broken, it will heal on it's own! Nothing they can really do! It's not crooked...let it heal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness