Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 05:07 PM

5 posts, read 15,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxsixpack View Post
MO MARK- You know my family had the same problem last month. My 14 year old son was running a fever and I took him in to the doctor. He had bronchial infection. My son said his friend from school had just got over pneumonia. My son had just spent a couple day's at his house.
Anyways...My husband started feeling ill and had the fever all night. He went to the doctor and found out he had pneumonia. One lung completely full and just spreading to the other. My husband was weak for weeks. I hear you about not liking to go to the doctor I am the same way. The only time I have been the hospital is to have a baby(4 times).If it was up to me I would of been out of there within an hour but I got stuck in there for 3 days each time. God Bless. I will pray for Grassroot mom too!
Thank you for the prayers and thank the Lord you are well now, I also do not like hspitals but unfortunetly they are a necessity and a blessing. I spent almost 3 yrs straight in hospital. God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2006, 06:28 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Even in difficult times God is at work to bring good into our life. He uses life's trials to teach us how to trust and depend on Him in a greater way.
Storms are always brewing in life, but have faith and look to Jesus. He is The Anchor.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 649 times
Thumbs up The Law of the Harvest

When a person wants to reap a crop of corn, he/she plants corn. When one wants to reap encouragement, you must plant encouragement to someone else. The more you plant the more you will receive. As far as being chronically ill, the more one focuses upon themselves, the more one reaps a harvest of depression and physical problems. Reach out and say encouraging words to yourself and to others. You will release the endorphins that heal yourself.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:17 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Hmm, where to start. You're young. Too young to have this all fall in your lap. Unfortunatly I know as I am 43 and disabled with a bad back, 2 spine surgeries, looking at maybe another 2.

You're right when you say it becomes the family problem, how could it not? You have good days & bad or partial good days like me with the longer the day goes on, the worst I get. Some days there is so much pain that no matter how many pills I take it doesn't help. While I wouldn't kill myself, never having to wake up and be in pain sounds pretty inviting on those bad days.

No one, and I mean no one even has a clue how bad back pain can be. Your back is the main part of the body, when you stand, if you're like me with lumbar problems, all of the weight (& I'm not big) gets to be too much on the disks. I sit down and am now sitting on my pain. There is no getting away from it.

Walking? What a joke. I don't remember what it's like to not have pain in my rear or legs. Think of metal rubbing bone with each step. Then there is the sciatic pain. When the spine hurts bad I get headaches.

Yes, it affects the whole family. You are in pain and some days can't talk "nice" although you try to. It is very hard on a marriage even the best of marriages. You both have to go through that loss. Hard to remember that neither of you asked for this. You did not make yourself sick.

If you are still having problems try counseling. We were going to but didn't as other things fell in our lap. Also your kids, they need counseling as well. I did not do that and regret it. My daughter is older now and refuses to talk to someone. We try it every few years.

I will say that I'm not the type to lay down and let life pass me by. Although I do not know a life without pain any more, I find a way to keep busy unlike some people I know. Yes, it gives me more pain but what are the options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassrootmom View Post
I am a mother of three children and have been cronically ill for over 13yrs.
I am married and am 35 yrs. old and just wondering if there are others who may have some encouragement, questions, dialogue of any kind is fine. It seems as though health problems become family problems after a while. No matter what happens I am greatful for the everyday small victories, and am still looking forward to finishing college and getting better.
Quote:
I also used to be the one that got things done, never stop and loved doing everything at once. I believe I an still grieving then loos of that part of my life being gone. I have survived thru 2 major spine ops., 2 heart surgerys, a pituatary tumor, 3 complicated pegnancys, marriage trouble, a child popping into our lives my husband was unaware of and so on and so on. Just want to be healed and if not Gods will then finish college at least and of course be the best mother I can be.

Quote:
You are very correct about the one day at a time and the mental attitude. What's pampering lol I do battle severe depression because of all the tramatic health and other situations that have happened. I have absolutely found that keeping positive helps me cope with the day to day sickness and pain. I must tell you though there are times where I don't seem to have any fight left in me. But amazingly my Lord and Savior lifts me up again.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:15 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,718,056 times
Sometimes when I feel very sick I really don't feel like talking with my kids. Since one of them has a disability, she really counts on me for socialization. At those times, maybe we do it a bit too much, but we sit down and have an easy (for me that is raw fruits and veggies or healthy snacks) meal in front of the TV and I just put my arm around them. Or if I nag, I make sure it is to remind them to get the exercise that you sometimes can't do with them. They know you are there for them and it does not hurt them to learn that love does not equal being a complicated version of maid and short order cook. On the other hand I try not to go up to my bedroom and close the door on them--it is your presence that is meaningful, even if you are ill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness