Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,352 times

Advertisements

RH1 there is no such thing as naturally HBP. Hypertension should not be taken lightly as it can lead to more serious problems such as stroke, heart failure and death. There are a lot of factors that can cause hypertension and anemia can be one of those causes. Anemia is actually a lack of red blood cells in the body...not a lack of iron. Iron rich foods, however, can help replenish blood. Lack of RBCs can come from improper diet, inability to metabolize food, ie. make food into blood, or actual loss of blood from trauma, excessive menses, donating blood, past surgeries, etc. Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Herbs in conjunction with Western medicines are the best ways to control hypertension and blood deficiency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 11:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,290 times
I can't figure out if i should be worried. My blood pressure tested 149/110 Heart rate of 121. I haven't been able to find any chart to tell me whats going on. I have a history of liver enzyme problems (27 higher than normal enzyme levels) which i didn't realize effected my blood pressure. anyone have any thoughts?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:17 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdanelle View Post
I can't figure out if i should be worried. My blood pressure tested 149/110 Heart rate of 121. I haven't been able to find any chart to tell me whats going on. I have a history of liver enzyme problems (27 higher than normal enzyme levels) which i didn't realize effected my blood pressure. anyone have any thoughts?

See my response to you in the thread "When did you first start experiencing high blood pressure?"

You might want to confine posts about this to one thread.

The common thread between elevated liver enzymes and high blood pressure is sometimes being significantly overweight, with a resulting fatty liver. What did your doctor say about the enzyme levels?

Old 09-26-2014, 05:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyven View Post
Well today was my final BP check and it was normal. But I've had high blood pressure several times when going to the doctor, normally 4 out of 5 times. Today it was normal, so they basically just shrugged off the last 3 days of it being high? (it has been around 136/100) I hate to worry for nothing, but I also hate to just shrug things off, especially being young and having my BP high for several days in a row. Should I worry or am I worrying for nothing?

Yes I was in a comfortable seat, had relaxed for 10-15 minutes prior to BP check, hadn't eaten for about 2-3 hours before my BP check.
I do cardio work 3 times a week, and some light weights 3 times a week with an off day or more during the week depending on how I am feeling.

I have no clue how bad the anemia is, I was just told I had it and to take the vitamins. Hopefully these vitamins will help.
===
Thank you. There are a number of lab tests you need to do in regard to your anaemia and high blood pressure including blood urea, and creatinine. Also you need to check your blood glucose level (fasting) and blood lipids. Regarding your anaemia you need to check FBC, blood film, serum iron, ferritin and total iron binding capacity.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,637 times
Default High blood pressure

Hi I am anemic my pressure has been up a few days it's normally at118/80 and I must say eating habits are not good but I'm working on it. Could having low blood effect my blood pressure?

Old 03-14-2015, 07:30 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I'm an avid runner/jogger myself, too, and I know that you have to take at least 1-2 days "off days" to rest and recoup. Are you doing that? And how long during the day do you run/jog? You shouldn't go more than 45-60 minutes or just 30 minutes in other days. Also it's good to change up sometimes with walking or take a long hike.

Also, start taking vitamin supplements. Because most food you are probably eating doesn't contain enough iron or essential vitamins to keep you going and feeling good. Since you are a runner/jogger, like myself, we are in a diet regime, that we pretty much stick too, but it probably isn't giving us enough of the necessary vitamin essentials or iron that we really need. Try One Day Women's Vitamins. I take it every morning before my run/jog or my walk.

But no, I don't understand the high blood pressure situation. Mine is very normal (around 103-115). I don't know about that one. Talk to the doctor and ask if you can get your heart checked out (maybe an EKG).
normal is 120.80 to 140. 90 my own is much higher even on medication that Ive taken for years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness