Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 11:29 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,133 times

Advertisements

I'm a little upset with myself today because I have noticed how tired I can feel sometimes even after sleeping well the night before. I am 73, live by myself with my cat, have friends and a decent social life. Have reasonably good health.
I also had knee replacement in December which I was fortunate to recover from quickly, recently found out my 2nd sister is dying from lung cancer, have decided to relocate from NY to NC. And of course, some family problems.
I get upset because moving takes a lot of energy (I'll hire a van but do all the packing, etc. myself) and I'm afraid when moving day gets here (Sept. 2015), by body will fail me. I also have glaucoma and had the surgery, right in 11/10 and left 1/11. So sometimes my eyes are just tired because they get pretty dry.
When I re-read this I think it probably sounds like whining. But it's where I'm at. Anybody else have this problem? Resolutions? Thanks for any remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 04:32 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,661,810 times
Yes, I understand! Sometimes the weight of the world weighs heavily on us. And yes, sometimes we're tired. I wonder if it's spiritual or physical tiredness?

When feeling ...weary, I try to treat myself with "loving-kindness." Seventy-three is "young-old." You've a right ot be tired. Especially when faced with life-changing situations Moving sucks. It's stressful. Nothing can change that. But do treat yoursaelf with loving-kindness.

Ask for help. Pace yourself. Eat nourishing foods. Drink good water. Get a massage if you can afford to. Walk in nature. Breathe.

Be gentle to yourself. Breathe.

Yoga, maybe? Get grounded.

<hugs> Little Dolphin

Old 04-19-2015, 04:43 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,767,098 times
I'm younger than you, and there are days where I am just tired.....so if this happens to fall on a weekend when I do not have to go to work, I ..... do nothing! Only what is necessary, which is taking the dog out, feeding the cats, and going to the bathroom. Then it might be settled on the couch with the remote and computer for the day. If I fall asleep, so be it. I call these my "rest and rejuvenate" days. I take them every few months (or if it's a really cold or rainy day when going out would not be enjoyable).

You're dealing with a lot, and that can wear one down. Do not be afraid to have a "rest and rejuvenate" day, or 2. You've earned it!

Old 04-19-2015, 05:17 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
I'm just jealous of anyone that gets a good nights sleep! LOL (CFIDS and Fibro. here) - I see you asking questions in the NC thread, I think your mind is keeping you from resting.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:27 PM

Thank you all! There is a lot going on for sure and I have thought about that being part of the problem but since I get days like this every now and then, I wanted to write something here to see if others had days like this. You are all so kind and generous with your responses.

Flamingo13, I am sorry you are dealing with CFIDS..... that probably never goes away so you never get a break from it. But make no mistake, in my younger years when I worked full time and was in a very unhappy marriage I hardly slept at all. I still do not know how I functioned and am amazed I wasn't falling asleep on the job.

LittleDolphin and PeachSalsa, such comforting words from you. Thank you. I have learned to be good to myself on these days. I had a lot planned to do today but when I realized how I was feeling, I "let" myself forget the work and rest, etc.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:22 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Hi NYgal...can you give a bit more of your history as far as diet, any vitamins,
minerals, 8 glasses of water ?, sugar intake,
how many cups of coffee/caffiene if any...see
what I mean for a more complete picture?
Any adrenal history?
Is CFIDS, Chronic Fatique Syndrome?
How long....what have you done that did or didn't work...any diagnoses of yeast.
History of anti-biotics, regular
bowel movements, bloating, any history of heart issues
in the family, travel to other countries?....can't comment blindly...but I bet I
could help a bit...33 years of
helping people successfully

Old 04-20-2015, 07:04 AM

Default Miss Hepburn

Thank you for your post.

I'm in pretty decent shape for my age. I am guessing that you might be selling health remedies, etc.?

I have never felt the need to use anything more than women's multi-vitamin, B complex, and what the doctor has prescribed.

But thank you for your kind inquiry.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:59 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,988,331 times
Could you be vitamin D deficient? That can cause fatigue and many people are deficient, especially those of us living farther north.

I certainly understand how you feel, but for a different reason. I'm pregnant and I am just totally wiped out. No amount of sleep is enough right now. It stinks feeling so tired all the time, especially since it seems like there's nothing I can do but wait it out.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:11 AM

Default Fatigue

How far along in your pregnancy are you?

A very long time ago, I had two kids. I do recall the same problem (worked a full time job with both). You will feel better once you deliver, but then your fatigue will come from another reason. Being a new Mom can take a lot out of a person. Hang in there.

The vitamin D deficiency is a good question. I take it along with calcium but recently heard some "expert" say that the vitamin D hype should not be taken seriously.

So depending on what doctor or TV program you watch, you can get different opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness