Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 703 times

Advertisements

Hi i broke my tib and fib in a motorcycle crash somebody pulling a trailer cut me off and i lost control and hit the median. Luckily i was wearing my helmet and normally wear my padded jacket, but for some reason on 4/5/15 i decided not to wear the jacket... big mistake. When i hit the median i rolled on my left side on to on coming traffic. Luckily it wasn't to busy and the cars stopped before running me over. When i stopped rolling i knew i had road rash cause i felt my arms burning. I felt a little pain in my right leg so i grabbed it to stand up when i tried to stand up that's when i looked at my foot and saw it dangling and thats when i realized it was broken. That same day they took me to the hospital and put me out to pull my leg back in place. It was a compound fraction and my bone was sticking out of the skin. Same injury as Paul George and that Louisville college basketball player. After they pulled it in place they put a temporary cast on it and said i will have surgery the following day. For the surgery i had a rod placed down my tibia with screws in the ankle and knee to hold it in place. My fib will heal on its own.

They day after surgery the PT came in and showed me how to walk on crutches since i had the rod placed in i was able to put wait on it immediately and was encouraged to. Kind of freaked me out since i barley had surgery the day before. The PT saw me walk with the crutches and said i was good to go home that day.

When i went home i was in extreme pain for about two weeks. Every time i would get up from bed or from sitting the blood would rush to the broken leg and i thought my leg was going to explode. That finally just stopped 3 weeks after surgery. Since my leg was in so much pain i didnt put to much weight on it and now my ankle and knee are locked and have little movement. I started PT this week and its getting a little better. Any body have any suggestions on how straighten my leg back up? Or has any one experienced the same surgery with the same pain?

Having a broken leg sucks and is depressing trying to stay positive. Wish everybody a speedy recovery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness