Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 05:52 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times

Advertisements

How long sperm can survive in a man's body after castration (Yes, castration, as in the removal of both of one's testicles)? Is there a maximum lifespan for sperm who reside in a man's body after castration (similarly to how 125-130 years is believed to be be the maximum lifespan for human beings without any anti-aging technology)? Serious question, for the record.

After all, I myself certainly wouldn't want to have a pregnancy occur after I will get castrated (which I plan to do at the earliest possible opportunity).

Old 05-04-2015, 04:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
If this is a serious question - why are you asking us? Ask your doctor. Why would you trust strangers on the internet with something like this?

Old 05-04-2015, 07:52 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
You brought this up down in Relationships . Most suggested that you seek help. IF you can find a doctor willing to do this, which is unlikely unless there is a valid medical reason, such as cancer, for doing so, having sex at all, ever again, let alone worrying about pregnancy from surviving sperm () will be very low on your list of concerns.

Some side effects you may not be aware of: Muscle tone will soften, a bunch, your voice will change, becoming higher and more feminine, considerable weight gain in fat as muscle goes away, general lack of interest in any exciting, male oriented, activities such as any sports you may enjoy, ...I'm wondering if you're not just trolling for shock factor.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:58 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
None. The things that produce and hold the sperm are not in the body anymore.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:09 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
How long sperm can survive in a man's body after castration (Yes, castration, as in the removal of both of one's testicles)? Is there a maximum lifespan for sperm who reside in a man's body after castration (similarly to how 125-130 years is believed to be be the maximum lifespan for human beings without any anti-aging technology)? Serious question, for the record.

After all, I myself certainly wouldn't want to have a pregnancy occur after I will get castrated (which I plan to do at the earliest possible opportunity).
Ha! No worries about pregnancy if you are castrated. You will be a eunich then. Eunich's have zero interest in sex. You won't be able to have sex.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:48 PM

373 posts, read 482,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post

It's a very weird question. Is it your random curiosity of the hour or some untamed obsession?
To prevent pregnancy, there are many, many options. Vasectomy or condom if you are considering male dependent contraception.

To answer your question in a nutshell, sperms last ~4-6 hours at room temp unless you freeze them. Inside a body (outside testes), likely ~ 7 days. Do a google search.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Some side effects you may not be aware of: Muscle tone will soften, a bunch, your voice will change, becoming higher and more feminine, considerable weight gain in fat as muscle goes away, general lack of interest in any exciting, male oriented, activities such as any sports you may enjoy, ...I'm wondering if you're not just trolling for shock factor.
I'll need to double-check your claim on the voice change; after all, as far as I know, the voice does not change if castration is done after puberty.

In regards to muscle tone, I already have no or almost no muscles on my arms; after all, I want my arms to look feminine.

In regards to weight gain in fat, this seems like something I could deal with; after all, trans-women deal with this.

Also, a lack of interest in exciting, male-oriented activities doesn't necessarily sound bad.

And No, I am certainly not trolling here; after all, I was rather open about this desire of mine for a very long time. Plus, as a gender-fluid/cross-dreaming person, I don't appear to see anything horrifying in anything which you wrote here.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Ha! No worries about pregnancy if you are castrated. You will be a eunich then. Eunich's have zero interest in sex. You won't be able to have sex.
There is the option of hormone replacement therapy, though.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ2 View Post
To prevent pregnancy, there are many, many options. Vasectomy or condom if you are considering male dependent contraception.
All of those other options can fail, though; as you hopefully know, failure is completely unacceptable for me, as is abstaining from sex with all fertile and potentially fertile females for the rest of my life.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
None. The things that produce and hold the sperm are not in the body anymore.
Can't some sperm still survive in the vas deferens afterwards, though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness