Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 12:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

When I moved into 95% organic or more....
I did within a week...five days in.
I did cut down on salt, tho...so it wasn't a scientific comparison!
Also, no more tap water for me.

Sick of making my body handle or cope with hormones, antibiotics and pesticides.
I know that is what the liver is for...but I gave it enough for a lifetime to deal with already.
No more bottomfeeders either for years now.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-29-2015 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: moved to Health and Wellness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 12:53 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
I feel noticably well when I eat only whole foods. No processed foods, no sugar.

Eating organic, however, I only notice the difference in my wallet.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:09 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Similar to Zelpha, but not exactly the same. I like the -taste- and -smell- of organic tomatoes and peaches fresh from the farm, but I don't notice any difference at all in how I feel when I eat them, compared to when I eat grocery-store tomatoes and peaches that aren't labelled organic.

I feel healthier when I eat fewer processed foods, but when I was doing macrobiotic, I felt less healthy - and that was mostly just plain brown and wild rice, raw and steamed vegetables and fruits, boiled beans, very minimal fish, no red meat, and the only dairy I consumed was a splash of milk in my single cup of coffee every morning.

There isn't enough money to afford paying me to eat that way again. I still enjoy those foods, and include them in my dietary choices. But I've learned to accept the fact that 1) I LIKE some processed foods, 2) I LIKE dairy, and 3) as long as I don't overdo it, I can enjoy good health and still eat all the foods that I enjoy without eliminating any of them from my options. This includes bacon every couple of months, and a one-box-per-year strawberry-frosted pop-tart binge.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:45 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
The only difference I've found is that I'm lighter in the pocketbook with organics.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
We tried organic vegetables last summer from a stall in the local farmers market, i didnt notice any difference other than the exorbitant price.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:07 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When I moved into 95% organic or more....
I did within a week...five days in.
I did cut down on salt, tho...so it wasn't a scientific comparison!
Also, no more tap water for me.

Sick of making my body handle or cope with hormones, antibiotics and pesticides.
I know that is what the liver is for...but I gave it enough for a lifetime to deal with already.
No more bottomfeeders either for years now.
While I applaud your healthy lifestyle changes I submit it is impossible for a reduction in the trace amounts of hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides in what you consume to have any noticeable impact on your body within five days.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:21 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
Just stay away from the prepackaged goods like crackers, cookies, granola bars. Most times, they're ridiculously overpriced.

The main thing I focus on is eating organic fruits & vegetables that can't be peeled like apples & grapes.

I do notice a difference in my health although it puts a dent in my pocketbook

Old 06-29-2015, 09:16 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Mod Note: Moved to Health and Wellness

Old 06-29-2015, 02:31 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
The only difference I've found is that I'm lighter in the pocketbook with organics.
This ^^^.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:54 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
I believe it is mostly the power of suggestion - people believe they will feel better if they eat all organic, therefore they do. Don't get me wrong, I am all for eating as healthy as possible. But I look and feel healthier than a whole lotta people I know excluding lots of foodstuffs. I am kind of like anonchic, I don't exclude ANYTHING, and in fact I eat bacon several times per week. I don't believe in paleo, vegan, vegetarian, etc. Nothing against anyone who is. Anyhow, I believe like the Chinese believe - "there is no bad food, only the wrong food at the wrong time."

While some foods taste better when organic, lots of times there is little difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness