Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 01:42 AM

586 posts, read 830,562 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I decided to get some ideas on here first before calling my doctor, because so far, I think there are quite a few brilliant people on here. Anyways, several weeks ago, I was playing with my kids when I swung my arm too hard that resulted in an arm injury. I call it an injury because I dont know exactly what it is, at first I suspected a dislocated shoulder or arm, but upon further research it doesnt seem to be it. I was playing baseball with him and swung of those plastic kiddies bat (he's only 2.5 years). As soon as I swung my arm forward I started feeling that immense pain and what I thought felt to be a crack, though I was still able to move my arm afterwards, it was just really sore.

I'm not the kind that likes to ring the doctor for everything especially I have better things to do with my time since being a mommy to 2 young ones. I just thought it was something that would run its course. Now its been several weeks (I might be underestimating the time thats gone by but I would say 2-3 weeks?) and I dont really have any more noticeable pain unless I move my arm a certain way, such as pulling on it, doing certain stretches, or pulling my elbow. The pain is tolerable and doesnt really bother me, but I keep getting a clicking feeling every time I move my shoulders up and down and it exists in my upper arm. It try so darn hard to "pop" it back into place. Its just that very annoying feeling where you want to pop your knuckles or something but it just wouldnt pop kinda feel. I thought I dislocated something but I read that people who experiences a dislocation suffers from much more pain, and most of their time cant move their arm, but thats not the case with me. So my question is, have you ever experienced something like this? Is it necessary for me to go see my doctor or should I wait a few more weeks to see if it will resolve by itself. I really appreciate all your opinions, thanks.

Ok, nevermind I take back the statement that the pain doesn't bother me. Just got back from watching fireworks earlier. Lifted my arms to pull my shirt off and it hurt like hell. I can't lift my arm straight up, other than that it doesn't hurt too bad when my arm is by my side or when I drive.

Last edited by conlainhothuong; 07-05-2015 at 03:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 08:24 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Hi everyone,

I decided to get some ideas on here first before calling my doctor, because so far, I think there are quite a few brilliant people on here. Anyways, several weeks ago, I was playing with my kids when I swung my arm too hard that resulted in an arm injury. I call it an injury because I dont know exactly what it is, at first I suspected a dislocated shoulder or arm, but upon further research it doesnt seem to be it. I was playing baseball with him and swung of those plastic kiddies bat (he's only 2.5 years). As soon as I swung my arm forward I started feeling that immense pain and what I thought felt to be a crack, though I was still able to move my arm afterwards, it was just really sore.

I'm not the kind that likes to ring the doctor for everything especially I have better things to do with my time since being a mommy to 2 young ones. I just thought it was something that would run its course. Now its been several weeks (I might be underestimating the time thats gone by but I would say 2-3 weeks?) and I dont really have any more noticeable pain unless I move my arm a certain way, such as pulling on it, doing certain stretches, or pulling my elbow. The pain is tolerable and doesnt really bother me, but I keep getting a clicking feeling every time I move my shoulders up and down and it exists in my upper arm. It try so darn hard to "pop" it back into place. Its just that very annoying feeling where you want to pop your knuckles or something but it just wouldnt pop kinda feel. I thought I dislocated something but I read that people who experiences a dislocation suffers from much more pain, and most of their time cant move their arm, but thats not the case with me. So my question is, have you ever experienced something like this? Is it necessary for me to go see my doctor or should I wait a few more weeks to see if it will resolve by itself. I really appreciate all your opinions, thanks.

Ok, nevermind I take back the statement that the pain doesn't bother me. Just got back from watching fireworks earlier. Lifted my arms to pull my shirt off and it hurt like hell. I can't lift my arm straight up, other than that it doesn't hurt too bad when my arm is by my side or when I drive.
You better get it looked at. I hurt my shoulder doing lateral raises with dumbbells two years ago. It hurt like HELL for a few months. I never went to doctor, got acupuncture and it mostly healed up after about two months. But ever since then it has never been right, and I always have to watch what I do. Pain comes and goes, depending on my activities. I think I had a rotator cuff injury.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:43 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
OP sounds just like the rotator cuff injury I had years ago. Go see a doctor and get it checked before it gets worse. Surgery is no fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness