Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 12:40 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,795 times

Advertisements

Aside from the mercury concern, that sandwich is a total gut bomb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 01:46 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't want to quibble, but I have a fatty liver, and one of the treatments is a low carb diet. The tuna and the mayonnaise and the vegetables would be good. The bread would be bad.
Exactly. Don't forget your eggs! You need choline to clear a fatty liver.

Also better to stick with high oleic oils.... Hellmanns canola oil mayo or the few brands of salad dressing that use canola or olive oil.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:07 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,012,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
The tuna isn't the problem, even if some folks here think it is.

The 'Subway' part is the problem. Too many people think it's healthy - "Eat Fresh!" the ads say, and they had a "Five Under Five" promotion (under 5 grams of fat). What they do NOT talk about is the salt and sugar content of their sandwiches. I actually had a Subway tuna sandwich not long ago; it tasted great but I could taste all the salt and sugar. When we make tuna at home, it does not taste that way.

I suppose, if you have to get tuna every day, the Subway option isn't the worse one. Still....
I know this is an old post, but I want to piggyback on it...I totally agree. Subway is fast food...just not burgers and fries. Can you eat healthy at Subway? Yes, you have to order a salad with no dressing in order to do so, none of their sandwiches are what I would consider healthy.

In regards to the tuna...that's full of full fat mayo and it's probably not real tuna; not to mention how unhealthy their bread is....there's a lot of hidden salt and sugar in their sandwiches.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I know this is an old post, but I want to piggyback on it...I totally agree. Subway is fast food...just not burgers and fries. Can you eat healthy at Subway? Yes, you have to order a salad with no dressing in order to do so, none of their sandwiches are what I would consider healthy.

In regards to the tuna...that's full of full fat mayo and it's probably not real tuna; not to mention how unhealthy their bread is....there's a lot of hidden salt and sugar in their sandwiches.
pretty much my thoughts: I don't think the amount of tuna places like Subway uses is the concern, it is other things plus the boredom. There are lots of yummy lunch foods that one can eat and run without having a crappy tuna sandwich daily. Once in awhile it is ok, but let's hope most people find other lunch items that are appealing and a little less full of junk. I think Subway tuna, even if it real tuna is 70% mayo and high carb bread.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:26 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,038 times
Sorry but I wouldn't mess with heavy metals. Eating predatory fishes on a daily basis sounds like a reckless idea to me but now days people prefer to believe in conspiracy theories than to believe in science.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:19 AM

8,052 posts, read 12,769,823 times
Is It Safe to Eat Tuna Fish Every Day?

You would probably be OK doing it. I would think that after a while it would get boring. If you DO decide to eat tuna every day why buy it from subway? You could make a much better sandwich yourself at home for half the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness