Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 01:35 PM

3,525 posts, read 6,519,851 times

Advertisements

I woke up yesterday and suddenly had a lower back pain which hurts when I'm in certain positions, like bending forward. Also, my left hip hurt, when I walked or stood on my left leg. I did nothing unusual in the previous days.

Is there some connection between the lower back area and the hip, where my leg joins the hip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 07:59 PM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
Bursitis and or sciatica. Can come on at anytime. Google them for information. Have a doctor check you out.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hip+pain

Old 07-17-2015, 07:59 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,987,564 times
Sure! Could be your sciatic nerve got compressed and is acting up...or a pulled muscle...

Try some anti inflammatory ...like advil... ice/heat...whatever helps! It should go away as mysteriously as it came!

Old 07-18-2015, 10:41 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,645,590 times
Sciatic ...

I wake up many mornings with it.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:09 PM

3,525 posts, read 6,519,851 times
The pain went away after two days.

I often get sore here or there, partly because I lift weights. But this is the first time it affected my hip.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:58 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times
I have a pain like that, the doctor said it was probably a muscle spasm of the piriformis muscle, which can cause sciatica-like pain because sometimes the sciatic nerve runs through the muscle. The piriformis muscle attaches to the tailbone and the hip bone. Mine has lasted more than a week already, but some of that might be because I'm not doing a great job of resting it until it feels better.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,198,448 times
I've suffered this for years. Your symptoms may be different and end result may be different, consult your doctor if it doesn't go away.

Mine are connected. When the piriformis or other glute muscles act up it will pull your pelvis and hip out causing aching and spasms in your lower back. Stretching the piriformis, hamstrings and glutes can help with the pain. Also, the IT band on the outside of your leg can also cause some issues if it tightens up. All the muscles in your hip area will affect your back in some way.

See your doctor though. I would highly suggest looking up muscle anatomy online to give you a good idea of how the muscles are attached and work in conjunction with everything else.

proper form while lifting and proper stretching can go a long way . When I was body building i noticed my shoes didn't give me the proper stance in dead lifts and almost had a problem when my ankle wobbled.. I got some new shoes the next day! I also had a physical therapist who told me "you may be strong, but i show you how weak you really are..." LOL.. Keep in mind your LITTLE muscles also need to be worked out. Work those out to help avoid issues with the bigger ones down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness