Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 10:28 PM

210 posts, read 393,669 times

Advertisements

Meditation? Yes, I have. I feel that it does calm me down, but it doesn't help me sleep better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 01:02 AM
Status: "I have read 24 books this year!!!" (set 2 days ago)

436 posts, read 195,288 times
A problem I had that was somewhat similar to yours: unable to sleep due to macabre nightmares. I tried sleeping with a Bible under my pillow and it helped a lot. Then, I decided to start reading it and the nightmares haven't returned. Whichever way you choose, I hope that this problem can be resolved.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:08 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,620,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life7 View Post
My body's really weird. If I don't do enough socializing outside of work, I will not sleep well the following night. I will wake up many times during the night and/or wake up too early and not enough sleep. This started happening a short while after I started my new job, which was a little over a year ago. I'm not sure if it's getting better or not. Sometimes I have to struggle and force myself to go to a Meetup event, just so I can meet someone there I can talk to and then go home to get a good night's sleep. I dunno if that sounds creepy or not lol.

But seriously, sometimes I just wanna stay home and watch some movies or TV shows on my laptop, but I can't either because I'll be too tired to pay attention to the plot because of the lack of sleep or I'll have to go out and talk to people so I can get sleep. It's ridiculous. Can I trick my body with something? Can I replace socializing with something else?
How exactly did you diagnose this problem? Have you considered that NOT socializing and NOT being able to sleep may be BOTH related to another issue entirely?

Old 09-07-2015, 07:10 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
If that helped, I wouldn't be asking this. I need real life face-to-face communication to get my body to sleep well.

Actually you want this and have convinced yourself it is a "need"

Old 09-07-2015, 08:20 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,306,322 times
Quote:
Nope, don't really wanna resort to medications. I want to do something natural and safe, like how going out and socializing works on days and nights that I have time to do that.
Melatonin is natural and safe. You're just blasting by these answers aren't you? Not sure you want to hear any of this but here's my suggestion:

First, get off all artificial colors and flavors. I say that because if you are ADD (bet you are) then these useless chemical additives in our food will affect your mind in a very negative way, making it race and making it impossible to shut down. btdt with my son.

So #1: only put healthy stuff in your body.

Develop a nighttime ritual: figure the best hour for you to wake up for work and backtrack about 9 hrs. At that time, finish up your chores (dishes in the sink, walk the dog, etc) turn off extra lights, take a hot shower, get in a CLEAN bed. Make a decision to read something in paper form. Poetry? Short stories? Sci-fi? Something you can get your mind to focus on so the angst of the day goes away.

Melatonin and ZzzQuil help me a lot (natural, non-addicting). Sometimes I resort to Benadryl. Not often as it's addicting. If you choose to try any of these, I'd take some before the hot shower.

Sleep is SO important. Socializing really isn't. Set your priorities.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:22 PM

210 posts, read 393,669 times
I'm just replying to questions you guys are asking me. But why do you bet I have ADD, hunterseat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
How exactly did you diagnose this problem? Have you considered that NOT socializing and NOT being able to sleep may be BOTH related to another issue entirely?
I just realized it a few months ago actually. On days that I go out and meet friends or other people, I sleep better the following night. I feel that socializing relaxes me better. What would be this entirely other issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness