Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 12:18 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times

Advertisements

There's 2 Dr.'s who have a health article in the paper, every other day, and I was surprised to learn that the smoke from the forest fires in the West even permeated areas of the Midwest. That far away!

I have COPD, and, for some time, this summer I wasn't sure what was going on, if my COPD was getting worse and worse, heading for even more major lung problems, or what!

I took a car trip to Gold Beach, OR a month ago, and I drove through any number of white-out areas, along the way, and on my return, and by the time I got to Gold Beach, I had my ventilator with me every single minute, and upon my return to Las Vegas. It really scared the hell out of me, as it was a struggle to even walk a half-block!

Now, I see what was happening, and it didn't come up on my radar screen: the smoke!

Now that the air has become cleaner, I don't even need my ventilator with me, and I only use it a few times a day, as opposed to using it constantly during the smokey times this summer.

Anyone else that was impacted by the smoke this summer? I can't imagine what it was like, for those, with respiratory problems to begin with, to suffer through even closer proximity to those forest fires.
If it were only forests on fire, spewing smoke into the air, a greater worry is the smoke arising from burnt cars and homes. I was once close to a car on fire, and with all that plastic, I never smelled anything so putrid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness