Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 07:43 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,581,637 times

Advertisements

I am now 20, and I have been smoking for about 3 or so years. For the most part of those years, I had been smoking on and off. However, since April of this year I have been smoking between 5 and 20 cigarettes (sometimes more) a day (not a day has passed where I have smoked less than 5 since April 2015). Now it's October, and many people seem to be giving up either booze, smokes, or even hard drugs alltogether! As a result, I have decided to give up my smoking days once and for all (NO WAY AM I GIVING UP ALCOHOL THO!!!)... I have decided to give up mainly because I don't want to look like a 50 year old when I am 35, and, also, vitally so that I can breathe healthily and improve my performance at the gym so I can look even hotter than I already am...
So back to the question, how long, if ever, will my lungs regenerate to its original, non-smokers, condition?? Is this even possible?? Or am I just f***ed (if so, I may as well just go back to smoking again!!)??

Hope you can all help with conversational chat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 07:44 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Well done for quitting!!!

As your young it shouldn't take too long as you were only smoking for 3 years so I can't see any long term effects

Old 10-02-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well done for quitting!!!

As your young it shouldn't take too long as you were only smoking for 3 years so I can't see any long term effects
Ay, cheers, that's the kinda thing I wanna hear... Seriously, if you said that I was screwed, then I will just be up to 6am, go to the local Tesco Express and grab a 20 pack of Sterling Fresh!!! God I miss my darling cigarettes - I've been dealing with the loss for 51 hours exactly from now!!! baha

Old 10-02-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Ay, cheers, that's the kinda thing I wanna hear... Seriously, if you said that I was screwed, then I will just be up to 6am, go to the local Tesco Express and grab a 20 pack of Sterling Fresh!!! God I miss my darling cigarettes - I've been dealing with the loss for 51 hours exactly from now!!! baha
51 hours LOL!!! Wait until you go out tonight and have a few gallons of something see if you can hold out then!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
51 hours LOL!!! Wait until you go out tonight and have a few gallons of something see if you can hold out then!!!
Dude, I'm supposed to be going clubbing tonight (Saturday night - just in case your not in the UK LOL)... The Smoking area is where I'm most successful wid the chicks!!! It's going to be so hard man!! But my mates have a strict policy, they won't give me one cig ever again (which will help), however they will smoke in front of me on purpose, in a club that sells 20 packs for like 12 quid!! God It'll be a nightmare... Look at me worrying... I'm up now on an average Friday night back from the pub, not being able to go to sleep, cus I need a cig, and don't wanna buy a vipe, or E-Cig, cus I value alcohol over it... Bahahaha, I need to man up dude!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Dude, I'm supposed to be going clubbing tonight (Saturday night - just in case your not in the UK LOL)... The Smoking area is where I'm most successful wid the chicks!!! It's going to be so hard man!! But my mates have a strict policy, they won't give me one cig ever again (which will help), however they will smoke in front of me on purpose, in a club that sells 20 packs for like 12 quid!! God It'll be a nightmare... Look at me worrying... I'm up now on an average Friday night back from the pub, not being able to go to sleep, cus I need a cig, and don't wanna buy a vipe, or E-Cig, cus I value alcohol over it... Bahahaha, I need to man up dude!!!
Yes I'm as cockney as you will meet in London mate are you an American in the uk?

Trust me I know smoking sections in pubs/clubs are a godsend for the BIRDS!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 08:20 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
If you stay quitting you've got it made. Your lungs will be clear in only 2 or 3 years if that and it will be as if you never smoked. In a few more days or maybe 3 weeks, the cravings will stop and once again you will be your own boss rather than cigarettes running your life, because that's how it would end up if you start again. You'll be surprised how much better food will taste before long after no more cigarettes.

Right now is the hardest part, but stick with it and enjoy a smoke free life. When you want a cigarette, start doing some physical exercise, like bending over and touching your toes ten times or more.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:27 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
I am now 20, and I have been smoking for about 3 or so years. For the most part of those years, I had been smoking on and off. However, since April of this year I have been smoking between 5 and 20 cigarettes (sometimes more) a day (not a day has passed where I have smoked less than 5 since April 2015). Now it's October, and many people seem to be giving up either booze, smokes, or even hard drugs alltogether! As a result, I have decided to give up my smoking days once and for all (NO WAY AM I GIVING UP ALCOHOL THO!!!)... I have decided to give up mainly because I don't want to look like a 50 year old when I am 35, and, also, vitally so that I can breathe healthily and improve my performance at the gym so I can look even hotter than I already am...
So back to the question, how long, if ever, will my lungs regenerate to its original, non-smokers, condition?? Is this even possible?? Or am I just f***ed (if so, I may as well just go back to smoking again!!)??

Hope you can all help with conversational chat
I can promise you, that your lungs will regenerate. Sadly, mine will not. I too quit and celebrated 2 years smoke free, but I have COPD, due to smoking for 30+ years. (Plus a heart attack, high blood pressure and such)

I admit you are way more tougher than I was or could ever be. But be warned! The urges will still come for 9 YEARS....Be on guard!

Old 10-02-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Yes I'm as cockney as you will meet in London mate are you an American in the uk?

Trust me I know smoking sections in pubs/clubs are a godsend for the BIRDS!!!
Haha, na man, I'm a Pompey lad through and through... I just say dude a lot!! hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
If you stay quitting you've got it made. Your lungs will be clear in only 2 or 3 years if that and it will be as if you never smoked. In a few more days or maybe 3 weeks, the cravings will stop and once again you will be your own boss rather than cigarettes running your life, because that's how it would end up if you start again. You'll be surprised how much better food will taste before long after no more cigarettes.

Right now is the hardest part, but stick with it and enjoy a smoke free life. When you want a cigarette, start doing some physical exercise, like bending over and touching your toes ten times or more.
Thanks, this will keep me smoke-free... Don't worry, I can think of a lot of physical activities I can occupy my non-smokeless evenings with

Last edited by Jas182; 10-02-2015 at 08:46 PM..

Old 10-02-2015, 08:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
If you have urges ...replace the fire...eat hot (spicy) food.
It's a macrobiotic thing.
Buy a shaker and fill it with cayenne.
Buy tabasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness