Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 11:54 AM

3 posts, read 14,481 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I was diagnosed with ET a month ago, in Feb my platelets were 550, then in July were 750, then testing again in September was 650 and now 812. Dr sent me to a hemmo Dr, tested positive for Jak2, have been under extreme stress this past year and also had cancer three years ago but have so far been clean. So now yes I am depressed and upset and he wants to put me on Hydrea, I work, take care of an ederly mother, have grandchildren I watch a lot and I am not good with medicine always get all the side effects! He says I have one risk factor over 60, I am 63. The leukemia site says ET is not a cancer, my Dr says it is, anything that makes a mutation of cells is cancer he says! I had surgery three years ago and because of the inflammation from the surgery went into AFIB so yes I am afraid of stroke and yes looking back I have had weird things of this ET, bottom of sole of feet hurt, bottom of feet red, but I had years before when platelets were normal. blury vision on left eye comes and goes. Stress this past year I put all S in that word! Anyone heard of this new drug Jakifi. do you ever wonder how we got this rare disease and why some says its cancer and some say its not????. If you look on the cancer site you can't find this under any blood disorders????. I also read where everyone has this Jak2 just not the Jak2 mutation which I guess I means it starts creating too many platelets!!!! thanks for listening everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness