Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 03:42 AM

6,615 posts, read 6,505,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I will say, amazingly, I did not experience what other women may suffer with. I too had no obvious problems during or afterward and as you say, it was just a relief to have periods end, with PMS having caused a lot of emotionalism. I have felt SO free ever since.

I don't know if this is the case, but since I have taken multivitamins daily since in my mid-twenties, which apparently helped with lessening Menstrual pain, I believe this may have helped me through Menopause. I realize our bodies are different and may all experience things differently.
I'd take my periods back any day rather than suffer with hot flashes multiple times almost every night and sometimes through the day. At least my periods didn't wake me up every night and only lasted a week each month, not for 10 freaking years LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 04:49 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,260,770 times
Stopped bio-identical HRT after 9 years.
So its 14 now.
Hot coffee and alcohol seem to bring them on...they pass quickly...but still....

Old 11-17-2015, 05:40 AM

4,848 posts, read 3,278,807 times
I am in menopause but no hot flashes I sometimes feel very cold like frozen. No HRT here. I was also for a long time in peri-menopause mid thirties until 49, the menopause since 51 yrs old ,but no temperature issues back then. I am now 55 I do have sleep issues waking up frozen allthough I use 7 blankets and keep the room temps at 22 C.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:32 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,718,599 times
4 years so far. 52 yo.

Thanks for posting abut the anxiety linked to them, it never dawned on me that could be the cause.

Also about the OTC meds. Might try those.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,711,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I can't even describe it. It is just an evil feeling LOL I know that an intense hot flash is coming after I get one of those icky "feelings"

Another way of describing it, for me, would be a "feeling of doom". LOL And seriously, I have no problems in any other way with anxiety.

One thing I've noticed and never heard of anyone else with this symptom about my hot flashes is that I get an INTENSE craving for a cold drink of water before I get one. It's like I am dying of thirst. Anyone else experience this?

Occasionally, but not often.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:09 AM

18,754 posts, read 11,737,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post

On a side note...do or did any of you ever have small flashes of anxiety before the hot flashes? I can tell one is coming by that. It's just about a half a second of something like, "I've got to get out of here!" I've never had any other type of anxiety.

Yes I would go through near panic attacks and the sleeplessness and depression was there as well. As far as the hot flashes I can't tell you if it was from menopause or the super bug. When I'm on antibiotics all of the hot and cold cycles disappear. Sometimes I spend three months on antibiotics and it's nice to feel normal for awhile. I'm sure some of them were menopause related and the super bug exacerbated the menopausal hot flashes. It's been ten years and counting for the super bug and the hot and cold cycle continues along with the other symptoms. Sigh.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:37 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,159,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
I am in menopause but no hot flashes I sometimes feel very cold like frozen. No HRT here. I was also for a long time in peri-menopause mid thirties until 49, the menopause since 51 yrs old ,but no temperature issues back then. I am now 55 I do have sleep issues waking up frozen allthough I use 7 blankets and keep the room temps at 22 C.
What about a down comforter? I find those very warm and comfortable and light weight, although I end up peeling it off in the night for 10 minutes or so. I quilt and don't have one on my bed because I don't like the weight on me when I sleep.

I'm in year 6 (started at 50 with such cute little flashes I called them power surges) and not taking anything. Herbs didn't work for me either.

Although it did lead to me making my own purse, so I could carry a 9 inch hand fan... and I get so many complements on my bag, I may start making them for sale on Etsy.

Both my sisters said it was pretty much over at year 10 -- with an occasional hot flash afterwards... and one sister said she absolutely would take HRT when menopause hit, and didn't because it wasn't that bad. And the other sister said she wouldn't take HRT -- and felt the same way... the hot flashes were liveable.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:50 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,702,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadreamin View Post
I am in the 6th year of hot flashes. I feel that I am coping well without HRT so have no plans to use it at this point. After 6 years they are coming less frequently and are less intense than in years past. However, I am very much looking forward to a time when this is concluded.

If you have not used hormones I would like to know how many years your hot flashes went on for before they finally stopped. I need something positive to visualize!

Thanks for contributing!
I had them for about a year. Never used hormones.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:54 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,281,642 times
I have never had a hot flash. I had a great deal of difficulty with my thyroid when I was working and my body temp was usually 93 or 94. Now that I have stopped working, it is 96 or 97. I am usually chilly and would not mind having a hot flash from time to time.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:06 PM

6,974 posts, read 4,833,805 times
Ladies, when did your hot flashes end???

They end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness