Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 PM

167 posts, read 258,424 times

Advertisements

I had a box fall on my shoulder while I was at work. My arm went numb and I have a burning sensation that sometimes goes up my neck, and sometimes the pain goes down to my index and middle finger. My fingers fall asleep a lot now.

My employer sent me to their Doctor. They have done x-rays (nothing was broken) and an MRI of my shoulder. Which showed that I have a bruised muscle in my shoulder, a cyst that is very old and some arthritis. They have set me up for physical therapy starting tomorrow.

I just realized when I was at the occupational health office on Friday, that I wasn't actually seeing a doctor. I was lead to believe that this person was a doctor, but he is actually a clinician. I don't know what a clinician is or how much medical training they actually have. I received no paper work about the x-rays or the MRI, all documentation has been faxed to my employer. I only found out that he is actually a clinician because that is what was on the paper they gave me for the physical therapy appointments.

I just want to know if a clinician is medically trained enough to know how to handle this type of injury, and are they also considered to be a physical therapist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 AM

19 posts, read 24,178 times
A clinician can mean many different things. I guess it would depend on the state you live in. You should definately contact a workers compensation lawyer (one who is board certified in workers compensation law). You obviously need to protect your rights. The consultation with the attorney on the phone will be free. They can tell you what you need to do as far as seeing a doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness