Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 11:27 AM

263 posts, read 757,214 times

Advertisements

My friend did the "back walk massage" on me with her full weight on upper back and lower back and the very back of my upper thighs. I had lower back pain right after, then felt fine the next day then the following day I felt kinda weird. I felt almost weak at times with kind of a pinched nerve feeling and crampiness in different parts of back and upper leg area at different times. She also really dug her heels into my upper back, shoulder area. My back also made a slight creaking/crack noise when she stood on middle of back. I was not aware that she is about 30 pounds heavier than me.

Is that safe to do? I Read (after the massage) it can cause blood clots and ect. Also how is it bad for kidneys? Think I could have a pinched nerve?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 08:54 PM

2,878 posts, read 4,629,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
My friend did the "back walk massage" on me with her full weight on upper back and lower back and the very back of my upper thighs. I had lower back pain right after, then felt fine the next day then the following day I felt kinda weird. I felt almost weak at times with kind of a pinched nerve feeling and crampiness in different parts of back and upper leg area at different times. She also really dug her heels into my upper back, shoulder area. My back also made a slight creaking/crack noise when she stood on middle of back. I was not aware that she is about 30 pounds heavier than me.

Is that safe to do? I Read (after the massage) it can cause blood clots and ect. Also how is it bad for kidneys? Think I could have a pinched nerve?
This kind of a massage is popular "back home" in former Yugoslavia. I had my wife do that to me back in 2001 and almost instantly I got a lipoma on that spot. It got to be a size of a baseball or larger and I had to have it surgically removed later. Obviously, I cannot prove that the back walk was what caused it but suffice it to say that was my first and last "back walk massage".

Old 01-10-2016, 09:01 PM

17,987 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Why put any pressure on the middle of the back, aka the spine?

I like seeing message therapists myself, when I feel injured or am in pain I can't shake.

Hope you're not injured from this.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:05 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
When my Sons were young kids I would have one of them walk up and down my back while I laid on my stomach on the floor. It felt great when I would hear cracking noises as they "realigned" m spine. One time I mentioned that to a Doctor and he gave me a look like "Are you an idiot or what !" He said it was a good thing I wasn't injured in some way.

I know the Japanese women will do that sometimes, but probably not a good idea to have just anyone do it.

Don

Old 01-11-2016, 08:18 AM

Thank you all for the replies!! It's weird after she walks on my back I feel fine but then a little while later I feel minor aches or discomfort in defferent areas she was on but it only lasts for a few seconds.

She also walked on the back of my legs. Is that dangerous? Can it injure any blood vessels or arteries or veins? I read such mixed opinions on it. Also can back walking injure organs?

Old 01-11-2016, 08:36 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
Thank you all for the replies!! It's weird after she walks on my back I feel fine but then a little while later I feel minor aches or discomfort in defferent areas she was on but it only lasts for a few seconds.

She also walked on the back of my legs. Is that dangerous? Can it injure any blood vessels or arteries or veins? I read such mixed opinions on it. Also can back walking injure organs?
Why not just cut out the weirdo stuff from a friend and go get a massage from a qualified massage therapist. Why are you playing games with some part of your body as delicate as your spine?

Old 01-11-2016, 08:48 AM

It's a popular style of massage. I really did not expect it. I lied down and thought she was going to massage with her hands and the next thing I knew she stood on my glute area and started walking. She does not walk or step on my spine at all! She claims to know about massage and is interested in starting a massage business out of her house

Old 01-11-2016, 09:28 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
My husband has me walk on his back all of the time. However, I'm about 100 pounds lighter than him and he is pretty beefy. He never has issues and wishes I would do it more.

I would not walk on his legs.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
My husband has me walk on his back all of the time. However, I'm about 100 pounds lighter than him and he is pretty beefy. He never has issues and wishes I would do it more.

I would not walk on his legs.
Why do you say you won't walk in his legs? Is that dangerous? She walked on my legs from the calfs all the way up my back. It did hurt on calfs and when she walked on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness