Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 02:53 PM

19,020 posts, read 27,579,284 times

Advertisements

My son lived with migraines for years. Until he bought polarized computer glasses. That was IT. Seriously. Remember, eyes are brain extensions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 03:26 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,625,643 times
Take a look at this and see if anything seems to fit...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemicrania_continua

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroni...mal_hemicrania

Old 02-15-2016, 10:57 AM

344 posts, read 429,765 times
So I noticed mt head only seems to hurt when I "massage it" when I massage my head at the tempos the pain goes away but than comes back worse as if I am irritating my head and nerves in the scalp. I saw a doctor and they told me it could be because I have a habit of touching my head causing me to irritate my nerves. However they think what is causing all this to begin with is that I have TMJ, because I do have pain above my jaw and a lot of the pain comes from the sides of my head.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:43 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,659,449 times
If I were you, I'd try the services of an acupuncturist to see if he/she could relieve the pain since Western medicine has failed to do so.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:05 AM

7,125 posts, read 12,659,449 times
One other suggestion: food allergies can cause chronic headaches...

Most common foods people are allergic to include:

--caffeine (in coffee, some teas, sodas, energy drinks)

--cured meats like bacon

--monosodium glutamate (MSG) a flavor enhancer often added to snack foods, many processed foods and Chinese food. Can also cause hyper-activity/insomnia in sensitive people.

--chocolate

--nuts

--aged cheeses (blue cheese, etc.)

--salty foods

If these foods are eaten by you on a regular basis, you might try an elimination diet and avoid them to see if your headaches go away...

Source of my info: The Healing Foods Cookbook by the editors of Prevention Magazine

Old 03-22-2016, 10:59 PM

344 posts, read 429,765 times
Well I just tried what my neuro told me. He gave me a time frame of not touching my head or "massaging" it for 1 week straight and the pain has gotten a lot better! Almost gone! But why? Why is there only pain when I try to massage my head? Could there be a inflamed nerve? I always thought massaging the head would make it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness