U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 01:21 PM

37,916 posts, read 23,827,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulone828 View Post
Wow! Crazy stories ladies! How do you think women in the far past like in Roman and medieval times managed?

Also, when I buy my gf tampons they are usually only like $10 a box, not that expensive.

Ours were around $10 for a 30 days supply about 5 years ago (our prices are always higher).

I think it absurd for what it is. I guess it really started getting to me when I got really heaving and bled for a year straight, hence, the hysterectomy.

I can buy a bag of cotton balls with almost equal volume for $1.29.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 01:30 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,211,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulone828 View Post
So my gf can often get painful cramps when she's on the rag and I do try to help as in I have gone to the store to buy her pads, tampons, midol etc. But really she doesn't like to talk about it which I can understand.

My question is for a man what would you say is the closest equivalent pain a man can get to what period cramps are like? How bad are they usually for you and does it impair your ability to function at all? My gf just stays in bed and covers up not saying much.

On a scale of 1-10 how painful would you rate yours on average? The worst pain I have felt is from an infected tooth, and while obviously not equivalent I can say the pain was something I wouldn't want my worst enemy to have lol. What do you think would be worse to go through, bad cramps or a bad tooth ache?
I've had both.

1. Take the pain from your toothache, and try - just try - to imagine that kind of pain over your lower abdomen, and genitals.

2. Imagine too that you have a 10-pound bag of rocks tied to your waist and dangling between your legs.

3. Add a little bit of nausea and a headache to the mix.

4. Plus a weak wretched feeling a lot of us get when we're low on iron (if I forget to supplement).

That's what a period feels like.

I can handle it -- do not take time off from and function well at work (because heaven forbid someone thinks I can't do my job because of my period) with 1200 mgs of Advil. After work, out come the muscle relaxers - which I highly recommend instead of Vicodin or Percocet.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:17 PM

62 posts, read 57,125 times
Apparently there is a youtube video available of men with an electronic device fastened to their abdomen that simulates menstrual cramping. If you want to see grown men crying check it out. I don't know the link so you would just have to do a search.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:39 PM

28,674 posts, read 27,544,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I've heard that the degree of pain with a stuck kidney stone approaches that of childbirth. You're right, though, it depends on the individual. I've gone through any number of types of pain, including a kinked ureter ( similar pain to that of a kidney stone), tooth abscesses, broken bones, crush injuries, menstrual and miscarriage cramps, and childbirth. I'd be hard pressed to pick which pain is worse at the time it occurs, so I can only say it's apples and oranges.
well, i've never had a crush injury, but i did fall off of a roof. ouch. i didn't go anywhere for three months. childbirth was, cough, memorable. i've broken teeth and had abscesses, fractured an elbow, injured a knee while skiing, miscarried. gold star goes to the duodenal spasms. after er gave me everything they could, i'd be admitted for some serious relief.

my menstrual problems were severe. after everything i'd been through, all of the pain that i'd experienced, i thought that my pain, discomfort was at least a 6. i really hate when staff asks that in the er. i know, i know, but 1 to 10 on which scale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness