Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:37 AM

102 posts, read 128,801 times

Advertisements

I need help please, I was born in a country where unfortunetley circumcision is not the norm and came into the U.S at a young age.

Ever since I was 10 and found out people thought uncirmcised was disgusting I have always been disgusted by that part of my body. I think it has really hurt my self esteem as I think no woman will ever accept me the way I am.

I have looked into getting circumcised but the prices are very high most places I have looked and I don't have insurance.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can get a circumcision at a reasonable price, or any advice on If its possible to overcome this insecurity? It really has bothered me and made me feel inferior for many years.

Sorry If this is uncomfortable to read for some people on here, it has just bothered me for a long time, I don't have anyone I trust to talk to about this and thought maybe I could get some input here. Thanks

Last edited by Mimoso48; 05-04-2016 at 06:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 07:26 AM

11,367 posts, read 9,279,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoso48 View Post
I need help please, I was born in a country where unfortunetley circumcision is not the norm and came into the U.S at a young age.

Ever since I was 10 and found out people thought uncirmcised was disgusting I have always been disgusted by that part of my body. I think it has really hurt my self esteem as I think no woman will ever accept me the way I am.

I have looked into getting circumcised but the prices are very high most places I have looked and I don't have insurance.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can get a circumcision at a reasonable price, or any advice on If its possible to overcome this insecurity? It really has bothered me and made me feel inferior for many years.

Sorry If this is uncomfortable to read for some people on here, it has just bothered me for a long time, I don't have anyone I trust to talk to about this and thought maybe I could get some input here. Thanks
Instead of bumping this you should have posted your story here in a new topic:

//www.city-data.com/forum/health-wellness/

D/K where you are but healthcare in The United States is very expensive. You will likely have to deal with this, at least for now. Maybe consult your doctor (I hope you have one). I do not have health insurance either but I see my doctor from time to time. My cost is $52.00 for an office visit. I get other discounts too for not being insured. Maybe start with that and you may come up with a long range plan.

Mod note: new thread created in H&W.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-04-2016 at 07:50 AM..

Old 05-04-2016, 09:05 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
My husband felt like that when he was younger. He wasn't expected to survive when he was an infant and they didn't circumcise him because they didn't want to put him through any unnecessary surgeries. So he was very insecure about it when I met him. Over the years he's realized that there are advantages to being intact. We've got good health insurance now and a circumcision wouldn't cost him very much, but he would never consider having it done unless there was some sort of health reason. By the time we had kids, he knew that he wouldn't have his sons circumcised, if we had boys.

Since we have to keep things G-rated here, I can't really discuss the advantages that a foreskin gives you, but you should do some reading on it other places that are not so G-rated, especially things written by men who were circumcised as adults which discuss the difference in sensation after the procedure.

Being uncircumcised is much more common here than it used to be. About 50 percent of male babies born in the US are circumcised, compared to about 90 percent in 1959. So you're not really that unusual, you just have to get over feeling disgusted by your foreskin.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:28 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
there is no reason to be cut. God intended the male part to have foreskin on it, it isnt up to us to cut it off.

I have 3 sons, they are not circ' and live happy fulfilling lives and all have g/f's, wifes....

dont worry about it. there is nothing wrong or disgusting about being uncut.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:45 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
I totally agree with nightcrawler, I think more and more it's unnatural to cut a baby boy when he is born. My ex was not circumcised and he had a long life and did well with what he was given.

I believe surgery of any kind should be last resort for about everything.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:25 AM

102 posts, read 128,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Instead of bumping this you should have posted your story here in a new topic:

//www.city-data.com/forum/health-wellness/

D/K where you are but healthcare in The United States is very expensive. You will likely have to deal with this, at least for now. Maybe consult your doctor (I hope you have one). I do not have health insurance either but I see my doctor from time to time. My cost is $52.00 for an office visit. I get other discounts too for not being insured. Maybe start with that and you may come up with a long range plan.

Mod note: new thread created in H&W.
Yes, this is a good idea maybe I can get a payment plan or something.

Thank you for all the responses, I know it is technically normal, but from a young age I interalized alot of negative comments and stigma about it from Tv, movies, internet, people's comments,etc. I already felt strange coming from another country and this made me feel more alienated.

Has anyone dealt with something like this, how can I change my mindset to better accept my body?

Thank you again for any advice I already feel somewhat better as this is the first time I ever speak on this.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:46 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Are you a virgin? If so, maybe having a physical relationship with someone and seeing that everything works perfectly and that your partner accepts and enjoys you the way that you are would help.

It's a tiny bit trickier putting on a condom when you're uncircumcised. You need to be sure the foreskin is retracted, otherwise when it retracts it will pull the condom on further and not leave the space at the tip that needs to be there, making the condom more likely to burst.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:14 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Glad you can speak about it and you have to CHANGE your mindset. But it's your life but I believe we are all special no matter what. You are special.

Sadly, my grandgirls' classmate and good friend has committed suicide at age 19...very very tragic. She knew him from babyhood as they were in the same baby mommy group and grew up with him in many ways. We are "thinking" he may have been gay and could not deal with it. Another subject but maybe along the same lines of stigma, being accepted etc. So many people have suffered for too long and thrilled it's changing and people can be who they are without the shame garbage.

I'm not sure but maybe in the days long ago, boys were not circumcised unless they were jewish but I'm not sure...don't know about my dad or brother. But knew my husband.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-04-2016 at 12:41 PM..

Old 05-04-2016, 12:42 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
What the heck? I'm not circumcised, and there is no way in hades it would ever happen. If you think that women are concerned about this, I can tell you, no they are not. There are very, very few medical reasons to do this. I'm not circumcised, my son is not circumcised, and my grandsons are not circumcised.

Leave the darn thing alone.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:06 PM

13,714 posts, read 12,424,223 times
No one cares, especially beyond high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness