Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like illegal Drugs?
I like them very much 13 18.57%
I like them some times 12 17.14%
I like them but Im afraid to use them 1 1.43%
I have never Tried them 29 41.43%
I dont like them but want to try them in the future 0 0%
I tried them and did not like them 8 11.43%
I tried them and hate them 7 10.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 PM

621 posts, read 3,197,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Wow..just wow
Marijuana does not cause you to hallucinate and see things that aren't there. Must've been laced or something. Any person who has smoked PURE marijuana will tell you the same. There are no hallucinogenic effects. And marijuana does NOT damgage brain cells. Look it up. It is a myth that was pushed by the government during the Reefer Madness time period to convince citizens it was wrong and to want it to be illegal. Those claims are not backed by scientific research. That is why if you talk to anybody at a private research institution that is not government funded, they will tell you that's a lie. It doesn't destroy brain cells. It pushes a "button" on the brain that causes the high. Most criminals are not drug users. Most of them are drug dealers. Get your facts straight. I've lived in the inner-city my whole life up until this year. By the way, have you ever heard of a vaporizer? You can take the THC vapor out of marijuana and inhale it without inhaling the smoke. I have always been a fan of science, so I try to stay involved in it. How about you? Or are you just regurgitating what you see on those above the influence commercials without doing any research yourself? The latter without a doubt. By the way, say what you want. Brain damage. Messes up lives. Sure. And I just happened to be 15 during my senior year all by luck. I must go now. You have a pretty good laugh with how strong your stance was. Reminds me of those health teachers who are being told what to say.

Signed,
A marijuana smoking lowlife with brain damage and a criminal mind.
I'm also a pot smoker, have been for over 10 years. I have a good job, own my own home and am not a criminal by any means. Pot is no worse than alcohol. When your stoned you're still yourself, when your drunk your not. Just like people like to go home after a day at work and have a glass of wine, I like to smoke a bowl. I just don't understand why they don't legalize it and tax the hell out of it like everything else. It would make this country A LOT of money. How many deaths are because of alcohol poisoning (overdose) every year?? A Lot. How many from pot overdoses?? None, because you can't od on pot. Well I'm sure you could, but it would take a lot of pot, and most smokers would fall asleep before then . I just think there is a huge difference between pot and say coke, meth or heroin. I just don't agree that they can be grouped in the same category. I just hate ignorant people who have never smoked and they judge people who do. I have no problem if you don't like or never have smoked, but don't judge people who like to take a toke every now and then. Some of us actually are successful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 07:05 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,161,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
I have a good job, own my own home and am not a criminal by any means.
Well, actually....

Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,145,237 times
Quote:
I'm also a pot smoker, have been for over 10 years. I have a good job, own my own home and am not a criminal by any means. Pot is no worse than alcohol. When your stoned you're still yourself, when your drunk your not. Just like people like to go home after a day at work and have a glass of wine, I like to smoke a bowl. I just don't understand why they don't legalize it and tax the hell out of it like everything else. It would make this country A LOT of money. How many deaths are because of alcohol poisoning (overdose) every year?? A Lot. How many from pot overdoses?? None, because you can't od on pot. Well I'm sure you could, but it would take a lot of pot, and most smokers would fall asleep before then . I just think there is a huge difference between pot and say coke, meth or heroin. I just don't agree that they can be grouped in the same category. I just hate ignorant people who have never smoked and they judge people who do. I have no problem if you don't like or never have smoked, but don't judge people who like to take a toke every now and then. Some of us actually are successful!
Thank you. When someone can find me evidence of marijuana being linked to someone's death, then I'll admit they're right. The truth is there isn't any. There was this guy who lived in Amsterdam (where weed is legal as long as you're only carrying like 5 grams) who smoked 4 joints EVERYDAY. He died not to long ago. They tried to find a connection between his death and marijuana. They couldn't find one. Plus, newer studies are showing that it may actually help to prevent Alzheimers disease. If marijuana is so harmful, how come HARVARD PROFESSORS are supporting its use. I find it funny actually. People never think for themselves. They just believe what commercials tell them.

Oh yeah, I am a Libertarian and oppose taxes, but I figure since we do have a tax system in place, legalizing marijuana can be beneficial. I bet nobody would have to pay to go to college.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:19 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,145,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Well, actually....
I'm a criminal then too for using marijuana. Doesn't mean anything. I was in 12th grade at 15 and I'm naturally smart. Where was marijuana's supposed brain damage effects in that? You've been struck by, you've been struck by, you've been struck by...

A SMART CRIMINAL....OW!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Well, actually....
Just because I smoke pot doesn't make me a criminal. EVERYONE is a criminal then. How many "laws" are in effect in Va that are broken all the time....A LOT.

Do you speed?
Do you have sex in a different position besides missionary?
Do you have sex with the lights on?
Have you had oral sex?
Did you have premarital sex?
If you have children, do they go trick or treating??
Do you honk while passing a car?
Did you drink when you were underage?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions then you too are a criminal. These are laws in Va and I'm sure YOU have broken atleast one, if not many.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:56 AM

The Washington Post published an article about a study that was done looking for the correlation between pot and lung cancer. Guess what???? They couldn't find any. They followed people who were cig smokers, pot smokers, and non smokers. The pot smokers they took were very heavy smokers. They did of course find that cig smoking increases your risk up to 2 fold for lung cancer. However, they also found that smoking pot may help DECREASE your risk for lung cancer. They believe that there is something about the THC that retards the growth of cancer cells. I'm sure most don't believe me so here is the link. Pot just isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection - washingtonpost.com

Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Just because I smoke pot doesn't make me a criminal. EVERYONE is a criminal then. How many "laws" are in effect in Va that are broken all the time....A LOT.

Do you speed?
Do you have sex in a different position besides missionary?
Do you have sex with the lights on?
Have you had oral sex?
Did you have premarital sex?
If you have children, do they go trick or treating??
Do you honk while passing a car?
Did you drink when you were underage?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions then you too are a criminal. These are laws in Va and I'm sure YOU have broken atleast one, if not many.
Correction....Those are laws for VA....I forgot that I wasn't in my usual NOVA forum. So anyways, many of my fellow virginians are criminals as well. I'm sure that your state has some ridiculous laws as well, that TOO make you a criminal.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:25 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,447,880 times
For one, I don't "like" or "dislike" any specific drug. Tylenol is good for a headache, but I don't "like" it per se. Illegally produced alcohol is fine to get drunk off, but I don't "like" it either, I use it, and I like some of the effects it has on me.

Now, whether or not the federal or state government prohibits a drug does not have an effect on whether I "like" it, nor does it affect whether I like the effects it has on me. In other words, the question doesn't make sense to me.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,205,956 times
There is one thing that really bothers me regarding drugs....remember all those films regarding pot and people jumping off roof-tops? Remember how they told us that all criminals had done drugs...I always wondered about that. All criminals had also had formula or breast milk too. Yes, I still do agree that drugs are often a part of a criminals life. In the 60's I knew people that smoked pot but they didn't even seem to have the energy to climb up to a roof top much less jump. I think it would be better for these films they show our kids to be more honest. Including over the counter drugs, perscription drugs and illegal drugs. Where are those films showing people killing themselves or their children while on anti-depressants? Just a few questions I have regarding this drug issue!!! My personal opinion.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 02-15-2008 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Adding on......

Old 02-15-2008, 11:14 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,161,090 times
Quote:
Just because I smoke pot doesn't make me a criminal.
It doesn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness