Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like illegal Drugs?
I like them very much 13 18.57%
I like them some times 12 17.14%
I like them but Im afraid to use them 1 1.43%
I have never Tried them 29 41.43%
I dont like them but want to try them in the future 0 0%
I tried them and did not like them 8 11.43%
I tried them and hate them 7 10.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:16 AM

621 posts, read 3,206,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
It doesn't?
No it doesn't. Just like when you speed, does that make you a criminal??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:38 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,173,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
No it doesn't. Just like when you speed, does that make you a criminal??
Yes, it does.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 PM

258 posts, read 1,505,019 times
Drugs are good..........used to do all of them back in the day. I'm in mid 20s now and don't really drink or use much of anything now. I think alcohol is one of the worst drugs we have today in society. I think a lot of drugs need to be legalized like they are in Amsterdam. Thus eliminating much of the corruption these drugs cause. Amsterdam is a very safe and liberal city and their motto is: We don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect the next person.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:23 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
All people that use drugs say that they know doctors and lawyers that do it too.
That still doesn't make it right. And yes actually pot is harmful it messes with your brain, especially if you smoke it in your teenage years. My nephew developed a mental disorder that required treatment from smoking pot thankfully he was put on medication that stopped him from seeing people that weren't there!
Yes you are right not all druggies turn into criminals but most criminals use drugs and that is a fact.
I have witnessed many friends that have had their lives completely screwed up by smoking pot. There are things like not being able to get certain jobs because they may drug test, so some people chose a joint over a job.
And I would also say that pot harms plenty of people, what about the drug lords that funnel this crap into our country that is not a violence free business?
All pot smokers say it's natural & drinking is worse, yes alcohol is bad when you are a DRUNK but having a glass of wine is actually healthy for you unlike smoking a bowl. Also people tend to forget that DUI doesn't mean drunk it means "driving under the influence" which could be anything.
People have the choice to do what they want but when adults start influencing younger people to engage in these habits that's when it becomes a horrible thing.
Many years ago I smoked pot quite often with friends. One of those friends who smoked pot almost every evening graduated with a Masters in Computer Science. Today he is a computer engineer, making a bundle of money. Another friend smoked while a college student. After graduating he became a successful lawyer in St Paul. I've smoked much pot. I do art painting, writing, and read books about philosophy, history, culture. Carl Sagan (deceased), the well known astronomer, admitted that he smoked pot often.
Those who are against pot claim it messes up a person's brain. I don't know of any pot smokers who have their brains messed up from pot. I do know people who were asocial before they smoked pot.
Of those who have had their brains messed up by pot someone should check out what kind of people they were before trying pot. It could be they were duds before smoking any pot. The theory that pot fries the brain is just a scare tactic without evidence.
You want to encounter messed up minds, have a look at at those who attend mega-churches, or people who spend their lives in front of the TV, or those who listen to talk radio believing everything the host says without seeing any flaws in the statements made.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:26 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
Just because I smoke pot doesn't make me a criminal.
True. All that makes you is a pot smoker.

You don't get to be a criminal until you are arrested.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:04 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Quote:
My nephew developed a mental disorder that required treatment from smoking pot thankfully he was put on medication that stopped him from seeing people that weren't there!
That's just plain funny. Pot causing a mental disorder? Show me some documentation of that ever being diagnosed. First, pot has nothing to do with hallucinating. Second, he was put on another drug to counteract the 1st drug? Pot was well out of his system by then. He clearly had something else going on and was self-medicating with marijuana, but marijuana was not the cause of his "seeing people that weren't there." Have you ever smoked pot?

Quote:
Yes you are right not all druggies turn into criminals but most criminals use drugs and that is a fact.
I have witnessed many friends that have had their lives completely screwed up by smoking pot. There are things like not being able to get certain jobs because they may drug test, so some people chose a joint over a job.
And I would also say that pot harms plenty of people, what about the drug lords that funnel this crap into our country that is not a violence free business?
These "problems" with marijuana are not a result of pot itself, but a result of the CRIMINALIZATION of pot. We wouldn't have any of these issues if it were decriminalized. The black market would dry up. Not to mention all the tax revenue that would be created, and all the money saved by not incarcerating these people.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:11 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
True. All that makes you is a pot smoker.

You don't get to be a criminal until you are arrested.
Most police forces in the U.S. no longer arrest people for having or smoking a little bit of pot. The police could spend their entire efforts on this because so many have and smoke pot, but the police know it is a waste of time. In fact, in most places its a simple ticket or warning or just plain nothing at all to get "busted" with pot. You mail in your check, just like a speeding ticket. No arrests.

Like someone else posted, are you a criminal for rolling through a stop sign? Or jaywalking? Living with someone of the opposite sex that you are not related?

We should round up all these "criminals" and have them arrested then.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:41 PM

409 posts, read 2,634,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddharthaGautama View Post
Drugs are good..........used to do all of them back in the day. I'm in mid 20s now and don't really drink or use much of anything now. I think alcohol is one of the worst drugs we have today in society. I think a lot of drugs need to be legalized like they are in Amsterdam. Thus eliminating much of the corruption these drugs cause. Amsterdam is a very safe and liberal city and their motto is: We don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect the next person.
I agree. Acohol is very dangerous, even more than marijuana I believe. Who drives better a person that smoked a couple of joints or a person that that drank a couple of beers?

I also agree about the legalization. Although I see it as very unlikely in the US. It is way too controversial for a president or senator to even propose something that came close to legalization of narcotics.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 AM

479 posts, read 1,455,738 times
I'll be the old fogey who doesn't like illegal drugs...matter of fact, I don't like any of the potentially mind-altering LEGAL drugs!

I tried pot a very few times and got sick every time. I was told by a doctor that I could be "allergic" to cannabis. It was probably my psychological abhorrence to the drug scene. I've seen it destroy too many people...and hurt the innocent ones who love them.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:27 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,743 times
I think some of the real anti-pot people would be quite surprised if they knew just how many people they knew personally smoked every now and again without them knowing about it. It's one of those things where many do it but most don't talk about it and I am not referring to deadbeats who sit around all day getting high. I know lawyers, people in the medical field, executives all who get stoned sometimes after hours and function quite well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness