Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like illegal Drugs?
I like them very much 13 18.57%
I like them some times 12 17.14%
I like them but Im afraid to use them 1 1.43%
I have never Tried them 29 41.43%
I dont like them but want to try them in the future 0 0%
I tried them and did not like them 8 11.43%
I tried them and hate them 7 10.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:01 PM

409 posts, read 2,634,240 times

Advertisements

Do you like illegal drugs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,221 times
A category like "used to like them, but not now" would be good.

I think a lot of people have enjoyed things in the past that they wouldn't do now. Ahh, maturity.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
I used to be an occasional marijuana smoker. I say occasional because I haven't done it in a while. Not that I wouldn't do it again. I like shrooms though. The state they put you in is something you can't describe unless you try them. And they aren't harmful. They're just mushrooms you eat, lol. If the world heard music the way I do when I eat some shrooms, the world would be a happier place.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:52 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,093 times
Hmm...well this is an odd question. Personally, I don't do drugs. I almost never drink alcohol either, and when I do it's pretty much just one drink. I tried marijuana several times when I was young, because it was available. It was pretty much a big "so what" for me and I quickly turned into the kid who was always the designated driver because I had no urge to do anything like drugs or alcohol.

I don't have anything against people who use them, unless they're doing it in a destructive or hurtful manner. Personally, I think everything should be legalized and heavily taxed. But even if it was, I still wouldn't have the urge to use. I have plenty of fun without them.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:53 PM

791 posts, read 2,958,964 times
What a weird topic??
Oh yes drugs are great they ruin peoples' lives, cause people to be criminals, and fry your brain, I'm all over that.
Maybe the next topic should be, do you like jail or prison?

Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,221 times
That's quite a blanket statement. I don't think anyone said drugs were great. I also don't think all drugs create criminals and ruin lives. The only drugs mentioned thus far have been shrooms and pot, which are probably the least harmful of all illicit substances. I know several highly successful people that smoke a bit of pot every now and then.

Now, other drugs - meth, coke, heroin among others - definitely cause lots of problems. I think alcohol causes more problems on a larger scale than marijuana use. Just my opinion.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:07 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,475 times
Used to. Not anymore. I'm done with it.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:58 PM

76 posts, read 265,343 times
hmmm... this is a very odd topic.

but maybe its the term "illegal" that is making it so odd. keep in mind.. your body has no clue what is legal or illegal.. meaning.. drugs damage your body. there are more deaths from over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs every year, than from smoking pot. but does that make it less harmful since its legal? and is pot more harmful when smoked in the states, rather than in amstradam?
so i guess my point is this...
all drugs cost your body a price... legal or illegal...
so what difference does it make what laws are on the books. it still hurts your body.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:06 PM

791 posts, read 2,958,964 times
All people that use drugs say that they know doctors and lawyers that do it too.
That still doesn't make it right. And yes actually pot is harmful it messes with your brain, especially if you smoke it in your teenage years. My nephew developed a mental disorder that required treatment from smoking pot thankfully he was put on medication that stopped him from seeing people that weren't there!
Yes you are right not all druggies turn into criminals but most criminals use drugs and that is a fact.
I have witnessed many friends that have had their lives completely screwed up by smoking pot. There are things like not being able to get certain jobs because they may drug test, so some people chose a joint over a job.
And I would also say that pot harms plenty of people, what about the drug lords that funnel this crap into our country that is not a violence free business?
All pot smokers say it's natural & drinking is worse, yes alcohol is bad when you are a DRUNK but having a glass of wine is actually healthy for you unlike smoking a bowl. Also people tend to forget that DUI doesn't mean drunk it means "driving under the influence" which could be anything.
People have the choice to do what they want but when adults start influencing younger people to engage in these habits that's when it becomes a horrible thing.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:28 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
All people that use drugs say that they know doctors and lawyers that do it too.
That still doesn't make it right. And yes actually pot is harmful it messes with your brain, especially if you smoke it in your teenage years. My nephew developed a mental disorder that required treatment from smoking pot thankfully he was put on medication that stopped him from seeing people that weren't there!
Yes you are right not all druggies turn into criminals but most criminals use drugs and that is a fact.
I have witnessed many friends that have had their lives completely screwed up by smoking pot. There are things like not being able to get certain jobs because they may drug test, so some people chose a joint over a job.
And I would also say that pot harms plenty of people, what about the drug lords that funnel this crap into our country that is not a violence free business?
All pot smokers say it's natural & drinking is worse, yes alcohol is bad when you are a DRUNK but having a glass of wine is actually healthy for you unlike smoking a bowl. Also people tend to forget that DUI doesn't mean drunk it means "driving under the influence" which could be anything.
People have the choice to do what they want but when adults start influencing younger people to engage in these habits that's when it becomes a horrible thing.
Wow..just wow
Marijuana does not cause you to hallucinate and see things that aren't there. Must've been laced or something. Any person who has smoked PURE marijuana will tell you the same. There are no hallucinogenic effects. And marijuana does NOT damgage brain cells. Look it up. It is a myth that was pushed by the government during the Reefer Madness time period to convince citizens it was wrong and to want it to be illegal. Those claims are not backed by scientific research. That is why if you talk to anybody at a private research institution that is not government funded, they will tell you that's a lie. It doesn't destroy brain cells. It pushes a "button" on the brain that causes the high. Most criminals are not drug users. Most of them are drug dealers. Get your facts straight. I've lived in the inner-city my whole life up until this year. By the way, have you ever heard of a vaporizer? You can take the THC vapor out of marijuana and inhale it without inhaling the smoke. I have always been a fan of science, so I try to stay involved in it. How about you? Or are you just regurgitating what you see on those above the influence commercials without doing any research yourself? The latter without a doubt. By the way, say what you want. Brain damage. Messes up lives. Sure. And I just happened to be 15 during my senior year all by luck. I must go now. You have a pretty good laugh with how strong your stance was. Reminds me of those health teachers who are being told what to say.

Signed,
A marijuana smoking lowlife with brain damage and a criminal mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness