Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 11:15 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times

Advertisements

After smashing my toe into a chair leg I noticed it was sticking straight out to the side instead of pointing upwards. While cursing mightily, I grabbed the toe and yanked it up. @#$%^& It is throbbing and still listing to the side looking like one of those mini sausages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 11:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
No use to go to the doctor. Only thing doctor will do is tape it to the other toe. Toes give us balance. I crushed two or three toes when a heavy stool fell on them. Balance has been a struggle since. That part of my foot also cramps. My daughter gave me a gift of a reflexology massage. When the man started on that part of my foot I had to ask him to stop. I just about came off the table from the pain. Taping it will keep down the swelling and please don't let me influence you about going to the doctor. It is just that several people I know have broken toes and taping them to the other toes is the only treatment I have ever seen anyone do.

I bet a lot of people who don't even know it have broken little toes. That little toe seems to catch on anything around. Hope it feels better soon. Try to get it straightened out because if it grows back crooked, it will be that way.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:31 PM

Yeah, I have broken toes many times and never went to the doctor. It still hurts like a SOB.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 PM

422 posts, read 336,220 times
Put a price of gauze between the toe and his next door buddy. Get white medical tape them up together, tight but not excessively. You can ice the foot if it swells. Soaking in Epsom salts can help. Change tape/ gauze daily. It will take quite a while to heal though. If it gets too swollen, you can get one of those medical soft boots with velco, I put a white sock on and had to use one of those for weeks before I could get a shoe on. When I went to the emergency room, that is all they did was give me the boot and show me how to wrap....but I had to go since my work required a doctors note.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:32 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,227,361 times
Not all toe fractures need special care

Displaced toe fractures such as you are describing need to be reduced

Go to an Urgent Care or Emergency Dept. and don't wait it will only get harder to reduce if you do

Old 06-04-2016, 11:53 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
If the toe isn't sitting right...you may need to tape it to another toes for a short time.

I have broken my toes so many times, it's not funny! I actually had to tap-dance with a broken toe (in a show...and the show must go on!)....that wasn't much fun at all!

Old 06-04-2016, 02:41 PM

It seems to have straightened out some. It is completely black & blue and the bruise spreads up to the top of my foot. I am hobbling around the house very carefully today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness