Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 04:39 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times

Advertisements

Here's another study showing that in just 30 days of eating fastfood this causes the liver enzymes that cause non alchohol fatty liver disease to be extremely elevated after the study subjects were told to eat 2 neals a day from McDonalds, Burger King and/or other fast food establishments.

One thing that did do well was the HDL went up but it's believed the high fat in the diet did this.
Fast-food binge harms liver, but boosts good cholesterol: study - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080214/ts_afp/healthdiseaselivercholesterolfastfood - broken link)

Reminds me of the movie Super Size Me.
Super Size Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 02-15-2008 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Reconfigured
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,535 times
stop eating fast food lesser and lesser by the minunte and you will not gain so much weight.And you bumbs stop stealing all the food for the fat people who wants to keep gaining weight.peace somepeps from brooklyn.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:06 PM

947 posts, read 3,138,600 times
Have you guys ever seen the movie Super Size Me? I think that's what it's called. It's been awhile.

Anyway, this guy shot a documentary in which he went on a 30 day, 3 meal a day Mc Donald's diet in which he was monitored by a Dr. The Dr. gave him a liver panel test and the fast food was affecting his liver. Interesting documentary.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:18 AM

7 posts, read 37,455 times
Default Re: Fast Food Causes Liver Damage (Study)

Hi 6 FOOT 3,
You are absolutely right.I agreed with your comment.And thanks for giving me the information on how the fast food damaged our liver.I always told my nephew do not use fast food in lunch or dinner.

---------------------------------------------------
How to lose weight fast
[SIZE=-1]" Wealth, position, fame and even elusive happiness will be mine, eventually, if I determine to render more and better service, each day, than I am being paid to render."[/SIZE]

Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpoll View Post
Hi 6 FOOT 3,
You are absolutely right.I agreed with your comment.And thanks for giving me the information on how the fast food damaged our liver.I always told my nephew do not use fast food in lunch or dinner
Your welcome Johnpoll. Sad that Fatty Liver is showing up amongst young teens along with Type-2 diabete's as these were once middle age diseases.

I started this thread in Febuary and i see that someone has revived it and looking at the link i posted it has expired so for those newer members who may be interested i found a current link to that story.

Too Much Fast Food And Too Little Exercise Harm The Liver - Science Daily
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness