Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 02:35 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
That has been the policy for some places I've been to. They've put up signs asking people who fill up their water bottles to please fill up a cup, and then pour the water from there into their bottles instead.

Yes, I've seen people drink from water fountains by putting their lips right over the spout as if they were drinking through a straw, so it's not like that's necessarily sanitary. However, it can be a roll of the dice with the topic... when somebody puts the spout into their water bottle, one person who licks the inside of their water bottles can now be spreading germs.

OK, I'll bite. Why would anyone lick the inside of their water bottles? Or, depending on the kind of bottle, do it without getting their tongue stuck in the opening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 03:02 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
OK, I'll bite. Why would anyone lick the inside of their water bottles? Or, depending on the kind of bottle, do it without getting their tongue stuck in the opening?
I don't know why the places I've observed were so particular about it. AFAIK, it boiled down to health issues. [shrug]

There's no law that people need too wash their hands after using the restroom, but they have signs posted about that.

I smacked myself for buying a package of shredded cheese when i just remembed it wasn't needed. I returned it ASAP, and the person who processed the return threw it in the trash.

Restaurant personnel won't serve a plate a food to another cusotmer even though they know the original patrons didn't even touch it.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:55 AM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Ever see this done? I suppose i could've spoken up in cases where i saw this but i wasn't sticking around those parts anyways.
No, I haven't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness