Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 10:11 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
I have seen that, I did get turned on and she was too. We had *** right after. I really don't think you understand the male brain.
Just ew.

You know you are not the norm right?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-08-2016, 10:21 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,705,460 times
I find it bizarre how some women think only a woman should be an OB/GYN. And base their decision on the doctor's gender, rather than looking at the doctor's ability and competence. Also, just because a doctor is a woman like you are doesn't mean she is going to be looking out for your best interests.

My OB/GYN is a man. Over the years I've gotten sick of other women who tell me I should be seeing a woman doctor. My male doctor is one of the best surgeons out there. If it weren't for him, I don't think I would be alive today. Also IMO I think women doctors can be unusually harsh with their female patients. Let's face it, women aren't always nice to each other. I used to see a woman ob/gyn and she was so freaking nosy about every little thing in my personal life, and it seemed she just wanted to judge me. She implied that I was an oppressed wife because I stayed home and didn't work. She wasn't assessing my medical issues at all, she was judging my personal life. A man doctor would never even care about the whole work or stay home issue. That is something women obsess over.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:32 AM

A gender specific rant about how people shouldn't be gender specific about things.....

(Pssst: there's guys on here telling women they shouldn't go to male gyn/obs)

Old 09-08-2016, 10:44 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
LOL, I should have never opened this thread, what with my pathological fear of any type of exam. For example, a few years ago, I saw the Lifetime movie "She Woke Up Pregnant". Haven't been to the dentist since. I was just planning on finally getting a gyno visit over and done with (I still haven't had my 6 week postpartum exam... baby will be 6 years old in December) but now I'm not so sure. I may need to keep some scotch in my purse. Thanks a lot, Iaskwhy.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:54 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
LOL, I should have never opened this thread, what with my pathological fear of any type of exam. For example, a few years ago, I saw the Lifetime movie "She Woke Up Pregnant". Haven't been to the dentist since. I was just planning on finally getting a gyno visit over and done with (I still haven't had my 6 week postpartum exam... baby will be 6 years old in December) but now I'm not so sure. I may need to keep some scotch in my purse. Thanks a lot, Iaskwhy.
Just go to a female gynecologist and your chance of being abused is 100 times less than if you go to a male. You should be thanking me. If you went to a male obgyn and were assaulted, would you ever go back to an obgyn? I'm trying to help people like you not be taken advantage of or abused by male doctors.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:56 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Just ew.

You know you are not the norm right?
There are whole websites dedicated to medical fetishes. I am not that unusual.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Just go to a female gynecologist and your chance of being abused is 100 times less than if you go to a male. You should be thanking me. If you went to a male obgyn and were assaulted, would you ever go back to an obgyn? I'm trying to help people like you not be taken advantage of or abused by male doctors.
They are all female where I go. Although, I'm not concerned about being abused; it's just exams in general, regardless of the body part being examined or the gender of the clinician.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:08 PM

I'll be 50 this year, and probably 80% of my doctors have been male.

No abuse.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:56 PM

I had only one "bad" experience: I was all sweaty and blustery through the exam because he was insanely hot. It's a good thing he was able to remain professional

Old 09-08-2016, 05:44 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
When I was in the service, I never knew which doc I was going to get. Male, female, one I have seen before, a newbie-you just never knew.

One time I went in for an exam. I was up there in the stir-ups and basically all hanging out-if you know what I mean. In walks this doc who was drop dead GORGEOUS!!! He stretches out his hand and says, "Hi, I'm Doctor _____" (can't even remember his name.) I felt like saying, "Hi I'm Embarrassed."

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness