Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 11:26 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
Typical troll response. Again, do you get paid to do this or is it just a hobby of yours?

The point is that doctors are *still* being paid exorbitant amounts of money by pharma companies--regardless of the fact that they can't get pens anymore (and boo-hoo about that, eh?). Why do the pharma boys need these doctors to give presentations and consulting, anyways? Why aren't their own reps doing it? Hm....maybe because it sounds better coming from a doctor?
Calling people trolls and shills because they disagree with you is, shall I say, to quote what you said about bluedevilz, rude and condescending.

Actually, yes, it does sound better coming from a doctor, especially the doctor who developed a new drug or invented a new device.

If you had a legal problem would you want to talk to a lawyer or his paralegal?

Old 07-25-2016, 11:29 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
I'm kidding, of course. Well, kinda. Lol. I know that most doctors go into the field because they are caring about humans. It's just that a lot of them get ruined while going through today's medical school. The ones who don't are the ones with true integrity.
I've never had a doctor who did not care about me. If you have never had one that you thought did care, perhaps you might want to look inward for the reason.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:45 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
I guess if one has financial interests in doctors, and we have a few here, they can do no wrong...or Do No Harm.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:49 AM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I guess if one has financial interests in doctors, and we have a few here, they can do no wrong...or Do No Harm.
Or the CDC or Big Pharms. Makes you wonder which?

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldrepor...vaccines/46001

This is one for the Mods. Please tell me why whenever I go on a thread about vaccines, health, or politics, I get a big, blank, rectangle which appears to snap a picture. I never get this when I view or post something on an innocuous Fashion, Genealogy, or Pets thread.

Who is monitoring my viewing habits or what I post, and for what purpose? This never happens on any other websites I go on. Has anyone else with "contrary" science view experienced this?

I have been wondering about this for months but did not know where to ask it. Seems like a good enough time to ask.

Please don't delete this. I want to KNOW as a Senior Member of CD.

Last edited by Jo48; 07-25-2016 at 12:04 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 03:07 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
No, some of them merely receive ridiculous amounts of money to give presentations and consultations about drugs. But I'm sure you'll say that it's worth paying them $2000-3000 for a day's work.

https://www.propublica.org/article/w...llars-for-docs
I looked at that site for doctors that I know, or go to, and see that the compensation for these guys was in the range of $500-2000 annually. Not exactly an exhorbitant amount of money.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
For the person who left the unsigned rep asking how I know doctors would be thrilled if there were no prescription drug advertising, read the link. The AMA has called for a ban on direct to consumer drug advertising.
I'm sure you've also heard it directly from physicians you've worked with, or know, just as I have.

That ban would sure eliminate a lot of wasted time for physicians and their staff who must convince patients convinced that latest and greatest drug they heard advertised on TV "is right for them"- sometimes when they haven't even been diagnosed with the conditions for which the drug might be indicated, but are convinced they have it.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The ban hasn't reached the West Coast, as every other ad on TV is for a drug..just the other day a new anti depressant. We don't have enough.

I'll have to watch for the TV drugs to be gone.
It hasn't reached the East Coast either. Still lots of ads for prescription drugs on TV here too. Although the side effects of the drugs ( which the FDA mandates must be reported in the ads when the indication and benefits for the medication is also reported) doesn't exactly make me want to run out and buy any, LOL.

Now I see they're advertising the newer medications for hepatitis C, which I know are horrendously expensive.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:20 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I looked at that site for doctors that I know, or go to, and see that the compensation for these guys was in the range of $500-2000 annually. Not exactly an exhorbitant amount of money.
I just looked up one of my former doctor's and he received over $168,000 for one year (included
promotional, consulting and travel/lodging).

Old 07-25-2016, 04:30 PM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It hasn't reached the East Coast either. Still lots of ads for prescription drugs on TV here too. Although the side effects of the drugs ( which the FDA mandates must be reported in the ads when the indication and benefits for the medication is also reported) doesn't exactly make me want to run out and buy any, LOL.

Now I see they're advertising the newer medications for hepatitis C, which I know are horrendously expensive.
Oh, you should live in Florida with our elderly population. Non-stop a minute with all the doctors advertising their businesses. Drugs???? HA. It is a pleasure when I go back to NY and see commercials to get your GED or go to this or that Community College or Trade School.

Hep C? Go suck an egg if you think I am about to run to "my" doctor to be tested purely based on the year I was born.

It is sickening. Bring back Crazy Eddy!

Old 07-25-2016, 05:21 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Closed. Good debate but ended in name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness