Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 08:51 PM

171 posts, read 193,853 times

Advertisements

They are always light beer. Usually Coors light.
Is this too much? I'm guessing 4 light beers is equvilant to 2 regular beers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 08:58 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk4 View Post
Light usually refers to the calories of the beer and not alcohol content.

Are you concerned he's drinking too much?

Old 08-02-2016, 09:04 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk4 View Post
Light usually refers to the calories of the beer and not alcohol content.

Are you concerned he's drinking too much?

Old 08-02-2016, 09:34 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,829 times
Usually, light beers are around 4% A.B.V. & regular beer about 5% A.B.V. Ice beer is close to 6% A.B.V. & the most popular craft beers, the India Pale Ales, are 6%-7.5%. The precise technical info can usually be found on the brewery website.

I've probably drunk about 50,000 beers in the last 35 years. My liver & kidneys are still normal, but for the last several years or so, I've been using 2 daily of the Himalaya Herbal Health Care Liver Care pills. I last paid $39.95 on Amazon for 360 pills. They are made of 6 herbs with no interactions or side effects listed. Been on the market since 1955 by a family owned company in India that has been in business since 1930. They both prevent & repair damage & is most popular liver formula in the world.

I also take many dietary supplements from Swanson Vitamins but not sure how many help with something related to alcohol. WebMD.com has much info on supplements.

If your husband's liver and kidney tests are normal, he is probably OK. Best wishes.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:20 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,991,884 times
Light or regular....doesn't matter, really! If he's healthy and functioning normally, then what's the problem? If he CAN'T go without them, he may have a dependence....

Old 08-03-2016, 01:28 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
My dad drank a gazillion beers and died at almost 96, we wondered what his liver was all about but he was not sick much in his life. Personally, I'd rather not drink alcohol period, good clean quality H20. I did my share of booze in my first 50 yrs of life.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My dad drank a gazillion beers and died at almost 96, we wondered what his liver was all about but he was not sick much in his life. Personally, I'd rather not drink alcohol period, good clean quality H20. I did my share of booze in my first 50 yrs of life.
If he lived to be 96 what difference would it make if his liver was completely pickled?

My dad did the same, but not beer; He was healthy as a horse until the last year of his life: he lived to be 93. I am the first one to admit, I love my wine and normally drink about 3 glasses a night. My liver is fine, any healthy problems I have or have had are not related to alcohol. For those who do not want to drink, good for them. It can be an expensive habit. I just think too many people are overly concerned about how much is too much and the so called experts have a very strict guide line. 1 drink a day for women, 2 for men, anything more is too much. So be it, I guess I just will live with drinking too much by the standards. At almost 80 I am not going to worry too much.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:53 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If he lived to be 96 what difference would it make if his liver was completely pickled?

My dad did the same, but not beer; He was healthy as a horse until the last year of his life: he lived to be 93. I am the first one to admit, I love my wine and normally drink about 3 glasses a night. My liver is fine, any healthy problems I have or have had are not related to alcohol. For those who do not want to drink, good for them. It can be an expensive habit. I just think too many people are overly concerned about how much is too much and the so called experts have a very strict guide line. 1 drink a day for women, 2 for men, anything more is too much. So be it, I guess I just will live with drinking too much by the standards. At almost 80 I am not going to worry too much.
Who sets these standards, anyway..... I am almost 67, I like 3 glasses a night as well. I am tall, muscular and not skinny, also very healthy. Liver enzymes perfect. I think I will continue to enjoy....

Old 08-03-2016, 06:00 PM

7,123 posts, read 12,659,449 times
Wondering if your husband's weight/BMI are normal? How's his blood work? Normal or not? Does he have a beer belly? A beer belly can indicate metabolic nutrition syndrome which can lead to diabetes and such.

Overview - Metabolic syndrome - Mayo Clinic

Old 08-03-2016, 07:16 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
I'm happy to be spending my money on quality water as tap is not what I'll drink. Wine and alcohol took some bucks when I consumed. I've truly lost my desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness