Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 07:18 PM

34 posts, read 328,890 times

Advertisements

I've posted several times about different problems I'm having. I'm still trying to walk,I've been trying for six weeks now. my lower part of my calf hurts really bad after I've been on it for about ten minutes. I don't know if it's from the swelling or what. Anyone have any answers? Hope everyone is healing and will be back to normal soon. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 07:45 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,768 times
Sorry you are in so much pain Cannon. My mother just went to the Dr today as she was having the same problem. Her leg was killing her when she walked. Her Dr told her it came from her knee. She has arthiritis in her knee they discovered. He gave her some pain pills and told her to get a 5 pound weight and put it on her leg and do little leg lifts everyday while sitting on the couch. He also told her to go for a 15 minute walk everyday. I dont know if you have the same thing, but if you can get to the Dr, I would.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:17 PM

34 posts, read 328,890 times
Thanks for the info, I called my doc,but he just tells me it's normal healing process. I'm beginning not to believe him.I have nerve damage in my foot also. I think that may be part of my problem, but I can't get a straight answer from my doc.I just went back to work after six months, but I can't stay on my feet long enough to do anything. I don't know what I'm going to do.thanks again for the information.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 7,070 times
Angry Pain and Tibial surgery

I had a tibial surgery in Feb 2008 with a HALO external fixater!!! nothing but pain until it was removed in July 2008 then the Dr. says bones are not healig, very concerned they may break and create a compound fracture,, so Sept. I had the second surgery done this time the external fixater has 7 screws and 1 rod through bones. today 1 month later still in lot of pain have been on crutches since Feb. 2008. have no idea how long this one will stay on.
Does anyone have any idea's for pain relief? as the strongest percocet does nothing?:c onfused:

Old 06-16-2011, 06:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,618 times
I had torn meniscus had surgery in april and was told I would only be in pain for a couple of weeks. Well! its been 2 months now and i can barely get out of bed in the mornings. I found that when I do my Pilates and Yoga on a regular it eases the swelling or water gain. But I realize I am going to have to start a morning walk before work in order for me to walk all day without swelling or pain.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:38 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,429,130 times
Does the skin where it hurts look red, shiny or taut or feel hot?

Were you given heparin (blood thinning) injections, probably in your stomach , after the surgery?

My concern would be that you may have a blood clot (VTE).
I would think they should probably do a scan to check that out.

To the person that asked about pain relief- try adding a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory to the percocet, or just on its own, UNLESS YOU HAVE ANY CONTR-INDICATIONS TO NSAIDS.
Only 2 you can buy are Ibuprofen (very cheap for the generic) or Naproxen. I would recommend Ibuprofen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness