U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM

425 posts, read 1,020,731 times

Advertisements

alright anyone out there like me have this? im in my late 40's and in stage 3, I need to lose about 50-60 lbs, and would like some suggestions on what kind of foods would help, I know I should be a on low protien ,but Im not very active accept at work, tired quite a bit.
would love to hear from other people in the same situation, or any helpful hints, thanks so much
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 03:50 PM

111 posts, read 134,287 times
My doggie has it. I doubt that helps you. Sorry you are not feeling well. You are right about the low protien, but its hard to eat well when you dont feel good. Try searching the internet for low protien/kidney quick fix meals.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,374 times
my suggestion to you is first see a nutritionist. I am 35 years old and found out 9 years ago that I had PKD and I am doing great. no severe pain or growth. i do take medication perscribed by my renal doctor. I am the first in my family's history to have this disease. This is hereditary, did you speak to your family? good luck and make sure you have a great renal doctor.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:22 PM

12,602 posts, read 22,533,840 times
My husband has it, had a transplant and is doing great! YAY!!!

Are you on dialysis? Either way, try to limit your potassium intake, it's hard for your kidneys to process, also really cut back on carbs. You really do need to get some excercise. I can't address you saying low protein, husband was told it's necessary (lean meats, chicken, peanut butter).

Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 PM

8,415 posts, read 36,906,371 times
I would talk to a doctor about it. Dieting is taxing on the kidneys.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:01 AM

10 posts, read 60,594 times
Ditto on seeing a nutritionist and talking with your doctor about this one. As it can be different with each person and your individual struggles and needs. But typically avoiding sodium, potasium, protien and all dairy products. Even fruits and veggies has its do's and dont's. for example no to carrots. yes to greens like spinich and asparagus.talk to your Dr about multi viatamins. As they help me quite a bit. my pesonal situation does not allow me to take advantage of the pkd diet because I am much to small to be on any diet at this time. my personal goal is to try to put on as much weight as i posibally can! And dairy products being in my case a must. etc. I hope that you are feeling better and that any of this might help. best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness